16 east and 7 west

Jason001

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2
My Location
norfolk
its not missing 7 west, but i get your point, now that is interesting you are talking about the motor clamps, i had a new motor fitted not that long ago, maybe 9 months ago.
Please explain what needs to be done as clear as you can please so i might be able to sort this, its driving me crazy

thanks

Jason001

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2
My Location
norfolk
Why do u care so much about 7w ...I never go there
do you know what, lol, i dont either, however, and im at home 99% of the time, satellite is pretty much everything to me, so i want my "baby" working 100% when its not, i dont like it, almost like you have a favourate car,and there is a light come on the dash, you know something isnt working as it should be, do you leave it, or what your baby 100%, same thing really.
Sad i know

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
its not missing 7 west, but i get your point, now that is interesting you are talking about the motor clamps, i had a new motor fitted not that long ago, maybe 9 months ago.
Please explain what needs to be done as clear as you can please so i might be able to sort this, its driving me crazy

thanks
As is the forum.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
@Jason001 your longitude is 1.3E, which means it's 1.3E degrees of south. Thor is at 0.8W, which means that if your dish was looking straight ahead, it would be 2.1 degrees out of alignment. At 1.3E, I would use Bulgariasat at 1.9E to do the initial alignment but looking at the pictures, there's little wrong with the dish looking off-centre for 0.8W (Thor).

If you are getting max signal possible at the edges and the centre for your location, then your dish is aligned ok. Or very close to it.

The variation of signal strength between different locations (even a few miles away) on the fringes of footprints is not surprising and to be expected. If you're missing 0.5dB on some TP then a million things can cause variations. Cables, LNB, receiver, distance between LNB and receiver... Even the same make/model receiver and LNB and cable at the same location with the same alignment will have variations.

My best advice is to find a happy medium compromise, where all the satellites you need to receive are stable and watchable. Not at the max possible strength. As was mentioned in this thread, some satellites have different preset skews, which means that unless you have a motorised polariser, you'll never have max signal from ever satellite.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
i thought this thread was locked...but yeah what @Captain Jack says.
i think CJ he is a little frustrated knowing that he has the same dish as me, and i can lock these TP's and he can't - but yeah it might be location thats the issue as you suggest - his arc does seem pretty much spot on....so clutching at straws

he did say that even when LNB direct to spectrum there was no improvement on signal...

Jason001

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2
My Location
norfolk
hi yes it was locked, but its back open again now.

im going to leave this alone now, i dont want to make it worst, and lose what i have, but yes i am a little frustrated, i use to get these, now for some reason i cant, maybe its the signal has been tighted up slightly, a change in fec etc might also be the reason.

I would like to thank everyone who helped me give there views on this, i was thinking as the dish was not quite straight that might have been the issue, but as captain jack has explained, its nothing to do with that.

Only other thing to maybe try is a few different LNBs, yes i know the best thing is a bigger dish, but i have a few different LNBs here, i could try the signal on them seems worst on the channels i tried, but who knows maybe they might be better on 7 west, i dont think i ever tried them on 7 west before.

Last question, and i think the answer is no, but would a signal booster of some sort help, with the v box taken out the picture is fine, so the picture needs so little to be watchable, would that be worth a try, my guess is no, but if anyone here has any views......

thank you all for your replies

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
you just boost the noise, so i doubt it - get a gibertini 1.5m - sorted.