2 digiboxes, 1 dish

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
could anyone advise how the 1 dish with 2 boxes set up works?
Presumably theres only 1 cable from the dish linked to one of the boxes and then the signal is looped across to the 2nd box?

or is there a 2 way connection from the dish to feed each box?

this isn`t for me, its for a work colleague who has a spare box and wants a 2nd subscription. i suggested using the spare box rather than paying £99 to sky for a 2nd box. i think the extra subs will be £10 extra a month whichever way she does it?

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
You, well your colleague, needs a quad (or dual, but not so easy to get hold of) output LNB, that’s will let the dish feed four (or two) boxes.

You can’t bring the signal into the house with one cable then split it as there are different signal bands and polarisations that can’t be carried on the same cable at the same time.

You can get hold of the LNBs quite easily, just make sure if she has a sky minidish that she gets one for a minidish rather than a standard dish.

Yes the mirror subscription is £10/month however you get hold of and install the boxes, as far as I know.

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
typical price for a quad lnb seems to be about £50. that sound right?

probably not worth it then as a new subscriber can have two boxes for £99 and she can then sell her old box for £50.