chrisfound

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000 + 7025
Sky+ box, On-Dig,
3 laptops, 1 desktop, Win XP and soon '7', OSX on one laptop
My Location
London UK
Is it possible to use Enigma 1 instead of 2 on the 7025, there seems to be a flaw in the recording on this software

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
No it is not possible to put Enigma 1 on 7025 as far as I know. Somebody might have ported it, but I have not seen it.

Which image are you using? I have no problems on the 7025, recording or otherwise, with gemini image.

chrisfound

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000 + 7025
Sky+ box, On-Dig,
My Location
London UK
Hi
Nabilo Black Hole 7025 0.11, barry allen and flash.
The machine hangs on stop - is this a flash issue or something else.

Which Genimi image do you run, is it via the flash or direct install

kerrywez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025, Dreambox 500s, Technomate 6900 Super, Foxsat HD Freesat, 90Cm and 1.2 CM
My Location
Co. Kerry, Ireland
Hi you can not use E1 on an E2 box. The 7025 is an E2 box and I cannot understand why you would even want to install a more ancient enigma on it, even if you could. I am using Pli, the latest Jade image, and find it great, it updates great from the net and is very stable and it is also great for recording.

If you install the latest barryallen and install different images in media/hdd/MB_Iamges by FTPing them to there. You can then install them in your CF and use them on boot with barryallen. That way you can try different images and find which one suits you best.

Regards Wez

chrisfound

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000 + 7025
Sky+ box, On-Dig,
My Location
London UK
Hi
Thanks
E1, I do like the way its simplicity rules - it just works,
whereas E2 the menus are smaller and more difficult to read, the record setup is also more complicated and there are missing areas that I got so used to with '1'.
I tried Jade and it did exactly the same as all the others, which implies the problem is elsewhere and the latching / non-operation of the stop function is something that really does annoy.
This stop problem is part of the ways E1 excells, when you hit the stop the recording stops and does not slow / stall anything else.
Editing is also a pain.
Unless there is a problem with the box or the flash.

Any other ideas
Chris

kerrywez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025, Dreambox 500s, Technomate 6900 Super, Foxsat HD Freesat, 90Cm and 1.2 CM
My Location
Co. Kerry, Ireland
If you reflash the box you might resolve your problems in one go, did you try to reflash it? I would flash with the latest Gemini image and hope that it will sort it out. At least with a reflash you will have done all that you can and if, after you have, the problem is still there then you may have to reckon that there is some fault in the box, this would be quite uncommon though. Hope a reflash will do the job for you.

Personally I prefer E2, though I have nothing bad to say about E1, after all I still have to use it on my 500s.

Regards Wez

chrisfound

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000 + 7025
Sky+ box, On-Dig,
My Location
London UK
Hi Wez
Refresh my memory reflash.
Are you asking me to re-install the lot including BA or just the images