A Newbie forum?

Basi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-6900 HD Compo Super, Galaxis JSTV (Galaxis Matrix CI S-CW),
1m dish.
My Location
Islington, London
A couple of weeks ago, I registered here to find out about my steam era Galaxis box.

I was nicely treated, but disturbed that I was asking experts with better things to do.

Having bought a remote from "ebay.de", I've now found my way around it and no longer see myself as a total novice.

It would have been nice though to have found a forum with newbie-geared FAQs to teach me the rudiments and newbie-sympathetic experts willing to help.

Also, I notice that the international forums have flags (great), but the text is always in English (not so great).

I'm not fluent in any other language (apart from ordering beers), but have friends who could reword some of them. Please let me know if you'd like translations.

Off now to post some hacking code... <wg>

Cheers,

Dodgy Basil

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hi Basil

glad you are feeling more at home with your equipment, not sure what you are alluding with regards to the alternative language forums, the Portuguese Forum is in Portuguese, the French Forum in French , the German Forum in German the Turkish Forum in Turkish. There may be an odd post creeps in there by someone who does not know the difference so not really sure what you are referring to.

LoveFrance

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6800HD
HDMI 1.1m motor dish
My Location
London, England
I would be quiet happy to see a forum(section) only for newbie!
When I go around in your forum and I can read the questions and answers sometime I am a bit scare to ask a simple question!
I am sure the experience people may laugh at our question and prefer to answer a more challenging question rather to repeat themselves all the time to a different newbie.
at the end it is better for both parties!

Many thanks

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
You don't have to worry about asking newbie questions too much. Personally I like them as they are usually really easy to answer.;)

But, it is generally a good idea to have a quick search and read a few threads, as often the question has already been answered, you can also learn a lot for yourelf by having a general read round the forum.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Basi and Lovefrance and any other new user:

You are welcome to have a go at any of the other satellite forums, you will find that our forum is the most friendly of them all, especially the way newbees are treated.

You will get none of the annoying newbee patronising here - the only thing we ask of any newbee before posting a question: Try to search for the subject using the search facility of the forum. The chances that you have a question that nobody ever has thought of, is very rare.

What the moderators and experts don't appreciate is a first post that goes like this (and we had a few of them over the years): "I want to watch free pay TV give me step by step explanation NOW"

So, do a bit of reading and if you can't find the answer, ask the question. Don't use txt style language, and if possible insert the odd comma and full-stop, and I promise you that you will get a good response :)

TG

P.S. And if you really really want to be in our good book use the spell checker facility (the small "ABC" symbol on the top right corner of the message box.

LoveFrance

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6800HD
HDMI 1.1m motor dish
My Location
London, England
Thanks T_G,
Will do.

Regards,

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Never be afraid to ask questions - we were all beginners once :)

As long as you dont demand free access to pay tv in your first posts you will find this one of the friendliest forums around. :)

In addition to the previous comments we do ask that you try to post in the correct sections, so familiarise yourself with the various sections in the forum.(Although dont worry if you do post in the wrong section occasionally - we have all done it and one of the staff will move it when they spot it.)