A3 printer suggestions

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Any suggestions from user - the best A3 ink jet printer?

Has to be Apple compatible.

If it can print on CDs - all the better.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
gameboy said:
Any suggestions from user - the best A3 ink jet printer?

Has to be Apple compatible.

If it can print on CDs - all the better.

You can get printers on a trial basis from Viking Direct. As long as you have a cool credit record, you'll be ok. If you say you're starting out in business, you can get discounts, too.

Ring them FREE on 0800 424 444 (landlines only) and ask them to send you a catalogue or go online at, www.viking-direct.co.uk

But get the free 30-day trial before parting with a penny. I got a 40GB mobile hard-drive there for only £40...it's cool because you can move the hard-drive all over the shop, from pc to mac, mac, to pc, and you keep all data. Good as a back-up in the event of your pc hard-drive blowing up... :D

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Print on CD's, hehe. Not a good idea (if understood literally). Joke!

Lightscribe CD's are reasonable monochrome solution (if you can offload the cost).

As for A3 printers: your choice will be limited to the usual suspects (sic). I, personally, detest HP (ink munch-merchants) else there are nicer co.s like Cannon.

If you have no shame and want to investigate the HP 1220C - Ebay has some good deals SEE HERE

Don't know if the owner of this one (see thumb) was from the HP Hate club or just naive at Ebay presentation; but it made me laugh.

No idea about Mac compatibility.

tagura

abb
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 7755
windows xp
My Location
hastings e.sussex
hi there you cant beat the epson. in print quality ,but the ink is dear.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
tagura said:
hi there you cant beat the epson. in print quality ,but the ink is dear.

Going by the last post date (over a year ago), I think they have their printer now... ;)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Knowing printers and their lifespans, they're probably on their second one now!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
PaulR said:
Knowing printers and their lifespans, they're probably on their second one now!

My Epson C40 (an A4 rather than A3 printer) is still running strong, no signs of death yet... :D

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
2cvbloke said:
My Epson C40 (an A4 rather than A3 printer) is still running strong, no signs of death yet... :D

But that is only because you hardly ever use it because you cannot afford the ink:-rofl2:-rofl2

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Topper said:
But that is only because you hardly ever use it because you cannot afford the ink:-rofl2:-rofl2

The last lot of ink I got was free, and the next lot probably will be aswell, so ner... :p