garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
Nothing at the moment :(
My Location
Berkshire
yeh ive seen that, what i really want to know is 1, what encryption is the cards? and 2, when will they launch channels on 7w so i can test signal lol

JOHN896

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 2.4m Dish Fixed On 9.0 East Ka Band.Channel Master 1.2m Dish.Satellite Reception From,53.0E-45.0W.
My Location
Swansea Uk
Most people say it`s irdeto they have been doing test channels on,7.2 West Atlantic Bird 4A however i don`t get no signal
form that satellite.I am keeping my dish on 26 East for the football.

garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Cheers mate, irdeto is good for me, but 7.2 is now! everyone saying 7.2w is going to go and of course nilesat 201 is being launched early augast... so they might put them on there.

People are saying defo 7W not 7.2W?

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4m dish + an 80cm dish with twin LNBs. 800HD Dreambox.
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Hi guys, I live on the Costa blanca in Spain. I have a 2.4 mt dish Tuned into Sky. I'm not at all technical so please forgive me.
I have just bought a Dreambox DM 800 HD PVR. It's not set up as yet but do you think I will be able to access Abudabi Sports from my location?

A friend who is also a Satellite engineer, says that he is waiting to see who has the rights to screen the football but reckons that two 80-90cm dishes will get me everything I need. Reading these posts have filled me with dread. What do you think?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
It depends exactly on which satellite and which beam(s) are used. Until the channels appear we are working on guesswork.

garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Nobody knows at the minute mate wich is very stupid! As the cards come out next week!

Do we think the channels will go live next week? As the cards released on the 15th...

garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Guys...

After DAYS of trolling the net i have finally found some info that actually looks half decent and appears to make some sense....!

In an attempt to prevent piracy ADMC have teamed up with Humax and are using a Humax HD Receiver with an embedded 12 month subscription.Individual Abu Dhabi viewing cards will also be available.But at the moment it is only clear that the sports channels will be in hd only so will require a compatible hd receiver to view these channels we will be testing many receivers to find out which will be the best.
The Abu Dhabi package will be broadcast from the same satellite as Showtime - Nilesat at 7 degrees west. Therefore if you could receive Showtime you should be able to receive Abu Dhabi using the same dish set depending on the size of the dish your installer used.We recommend dish size of at least 1m to get good quality reception we have seen installers using dish size as low as 60 cm to reduce cost.

Information taken from _http://www.dreamtv.es/index.php/admc.html

I hope its true!

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Barry Young said:
Hi guys, I live on the Costa blanca in Spain. I have a 2.4 mt dish Tuned into Sky. I'm not at all technical so please forgive me.
I have just bought a Dreambox DM 800 HD PVR. It's not set up as yet but do you think I will be able to access Abudabi Sports from my location?

A friend who is also a Satellite engineer, says that he is waiting to see who has the rights to screen the football but reckons that two 80-90cm dishes will get me everything I need. Reading these posts have filled me with dread. What do you think?
You can receive Babr6 on a 54cm dish, Nilesat 101/102 on an 80cm and all transponders on AB4A bar 7 (out of 32), 2 of which are swamped with signal from 8ºW on a 1.5m dish.

How things will pan out with nilesat 201 is anyboby's guess.

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4m dish + an 80cm dish with twin LNBs. 800HD Dreambox.
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Hi Thanks for your input. I guess my friend will get the info soon and hopefully solve the problem.

JOHN896

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 2.4m Dish Fixed On 9.0 East Ka Band.Channel Master 1.2m Dish.Satellite Reception From,53.0E-45.0W.
My Location
Swansea Uk
11766 H Dvbs2 27500 26 East Badr 6, Abu Dhabi Sports Hd Promo 5-10.No signal with a 2.4m Dish.

garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
blimey!

back to 7w with some hope for you then? :D

is there any news on 7w mate as thats all i have hope of getting

JOHN896

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Swansea Uk
Abu Dhabi Sports on 7.2 West,no signal with 2.4m Dish.

JOHN896

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Swansea Uk
From the test on 7.2 West is there any evidence that the channels will move to 7.0 West,it would make more sense
for it to stay on 7.2 West from Admc Sports point of view.As not many people would get that satellite in the Uk.

garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
yeh true, do we know if its staying or moving tho, thats the question

another question is do we know when they will make perminant channels?

JOHN896

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Swansea Uk
Thats the big question.

garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
do you have any idea of when we may know? because i cant find anything.

What about canal digital 1W? I read they have all games but only via cable and not satellite? Not sure how correct that is

garyg

Reaction score
Website
garygoodger.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
"Atlantic Bird 4A is actually Hotbird 10 and is operating at 7W until a new satellite goes into service in 2010/2011"

How is it possible that AD sports will be here perminant... because the satellite will go...