Advice - newbie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Newbie thinking of investing
My Location
Norwich
I recently got chatting to a satalitte installer and he said he could 'hook me up' with a system that pointed to the thor satalitte and I could get free football and various other chanels. He'd provide me with codes each time they were updated. How much football am I likely to get and is there anything else worth watching? I've no idea of technical specifications beyond he is offering the install for £250.

Thanks in advance for any help

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
The only thing still 'accessable' at 1W (Thor) without a genuine sub is D1G1tv ...and that has but days left to run at best ..
Be very careful you don't get ripped off here m8..
rgds

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Newbie thinking of investing
My Location
Norwich
That's the main purpose of my visit to the forum. I'm completely new to the topic so I've no idea what I should be looking for. He did specifically say Thor 1w so I'm guessing from your reply this isn't such a good plan. Any advice of FAQs I'd be grateful for. It is primaraily sport I'm after but I'm hoping there will be more to watch (I'm just an english speaker)

Thank you

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
To confirm what Vipersan has said, although your proposed Installer is telling the truth, the situation is changing for the worse.

Most packages that were "accessible" no longer are and the one you have been pointed towards is probably the last to go fully secure. That day dawns.

In more general terms, I suspect most of us are one-trick ponies as far as Language is concerned, but we nevertheless derive great satisfaction form being able to watch Free To Air TV (and listen to Radio) from a wide variety of Countries.

The best overall starter Satellite (other than for UK only stuff) is probably Hotbird, which carries an eclectic mix of stuff.