Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
We have had a lot of interest recently about the situation for receiving the UK PSB channels now carried on Astra 1N. Please post your successes / failures / dish sizes etc in this thread to help others in the Nordic countries .

The Nordic area only please - this is not the place to discuss reception in Cyprus / Spain / the Canaries etc.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I know my friend gets everything with good signal on a 1.2m Channel Master dish in Odense, DK.

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Recorded the following BBC signal strengths transmitted from 2D tuesday 23/2-2012 @ 1530 cet :-

BBC1HD sig 68 qual 81
BBCHD sig 68 qual 81
BBC4 sig 60 qual 74
BBC2 UK sig 61 qual73

Now on 1N reading is 85/100 for the hd channels and 83/100 for the others, humax hd 2000 120cm offset dish 0.3 quad lnb.
Central southern norway

Deffo stronger signal well pleased.

Regards

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I thought I'd just recap what I've written in the Eastern Europe thread a while back:

According to some local forums in Finland it seems so far only a few people have reported picking up some weak signals from 1N in the south west of the country. Reports suggest some of the old 2D band verticals seem to be stronger. I haven't read of any reports of horizontals being received yet. Nothing from the new 2C band (five, C4 HD, etc). Someone with a 2.4m dish just about picks up a few pixelated vertical 1N channels for a few hours and someone else reports that a 3m dish gets them some watchable vertical channels for a few hours in the afternoon. I haven't read any positive reports from Helsinki which is even further east, so presumably even weaker. My 1.8m dish in Helsinki certainly doesn't get any signals from 1N.

gavman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TRIAX tallrikpaket 88cm
Inverto LNB med 0,3 dB
Pace 2600C1
My Location
Stockholm
As Ive already posted in a couple of places I lost BBC1 and BBC2 which i was recieving before the change over to Astra 1N, Im using a 1.2M Channel Master dish with a Raven/Channel master offset feedhorn with single Inverto. Tried different times of the day and am getting nothing on those channels. Im in the south of Stockholm. Im still not sure what to try but by what Ive been reading here, it looks as if the footprint is smaller and little hope on my set up, as it is now. If anyone has any ideas or infomation I would love to hear it. Might ditch my sky subcription and go over to the iplayers around..

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Gavman - one thing I would try is changing the LNB to Black Ultra. Reports say it works better on 1.2m CM dishes than the matched feedhorn (strange but true). They are only 10 Euros so you have almost nothing to lose by trying.

....back on topic...

A

archive10

I have all 1N channels 24/7 with very good signal on my CM180 with the Black Ultra Quad.

The FoxSat gives 100%S / 100%Q on all channels (has direct cable to LN:cool:.
The admittedly simple Samsung DBS-B560N (Viasat) box gives 75%S / 100%Q on all channels.
But this is after being passed through a DiSEqC switch and a triplexing wall-plate (and there is a light rain at the moment).

For comparison, TP17 at 12304H on 2A (north beam) gives me 85%S / 100%Q on the Samsung, and 100%S / 100%Q on the Humax.

I have been asked by some if the CM180 is now overkill for 28.2E, and therefore not needed anymore.

Well, yes, I am guessing that you could get away with an 110cm dish or thereabouts.
BUT, I have no noticeable rain- or snow-fade anymore (esp the Samsung used to be badly affected by even a light drizzle).
And I can run signals through DiSEqC equipment and wall-plates without much concern.
...and when 2F comes on-line, the challenge is likely to come back.

(So the CM stays put until 2F proves to be 1N-style receivability or a need to upgrade to 2.4M.)

LNB2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m offset dish
Eycos 95.15 HD
My Location
Stockholm - Sweden
As gavman wrote, I can also add that I too lost BBC1 & BBC2.
The only trp that I seem to pick up 24h is 10729V. Now that C4 HD on 11126V changed to DVB-S, its also available when ever I've checked.
However, on a sunny and clear Sunday afternoon I did pick up BBC HD 10847V. But it did not last long.