BB interace problem when posting/typing ?

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi friends ..
Not sure if this is just me having problems ..but experienced it on more than one PC ...so looks like it might be a Forum issue ?

When typing a new reply to a message I often type in mistakes (typos) due to my lack of dexterity which accompanies my TM hand problems ..
When I see one I try to go back and correct it before posting it up ..but recently the message rolls up to the start again before I can complete the correction ..
Not a problem on a short message ...but if its a lengthy tome of a reply ...it can be an issue ..as I can't get to edit the message before the error flips past ..and rolls back to the start.

Is it me or has anyone else noticed this ?
New messages ..in a full window doesn't do this ...
It only seems to happen on 'post quick replies'.
rgds
VS

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Can't say I have noticed so far VS but will take notice from now on and try to create that scenario indeed am trying it now, well all that happens when I do a correction is that I get a flash banner in yellow saying autosaved, but I see nothing scrolling anywhere or is it to do with the window being full so I had better keep on typing to fill the great void with voluminous words of meaningless bunkam but even though I have typed all this I still have not fiilled up this window of opportunity for all to take advantage of and it is a good job I do not get bored easily as I think a few people will get bored reading all this,however I am nearly there and the window as slowly closing bringing a new aspect to this challenge of repeating the problem you have experienced. I am beginning to think that perhaps you are using IE and not firefox because I cannot seem to recreate it at all and any corrections I make do not induce scrolling and all corrections are actioned correctly...phew

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Topper said:
VS said:
BB interface problem when posting/typing ?
Hi friends ..
Not sure if this is just me having problems ..but experienced it on more than one PC ...so looks like it might be a Forum issue ?

When typing a new reply to a message I often type in mistakes (typos) due to my lack of dexterity which accompanies my TM hand problems ..
When I see one I try to go back and correct it before posting it up ..but recently the message rolls up to the start again before I can complete the correction ..
Not a problem on a short message ...but if its a lengthy tome of a reply ...it can be an issue ..as I can't get to edit the message before the error flips past ..and rolls back to the start.

Is it me or has anyone else noticed this ?
New messages ..in a full window doesn't do this ...
It only seems to happen on 'post quick replies'.
rgds
VS
Can't say I have noticed so far VS but will take notice from now on and try to create that scenario indeed am trying it now, well all that happens when I do a correction is that I get a flash banner in yellow saying autosaved, but I see nothing scrolling anywhere or is it to do with the window being full so I had better keep on typing to fill the great void with voluminous words of meaningless bunkam but even though I have typed all this I still have not fiilled up this window of opportunity for all to take advantage of and it is a good job I do not get bored easily as I think a few people will get bored reading all this,however I am nearly there and the window as slowly closing bringing a new aspect to this challenge of repeating the problem you have experienced. I am beginning to think that perhaps you are using IE and not firefox because I cannot seem to recreate it at all and any corrections I make do not induce scrolling and all corrections are actioned correctly...phew

Not sure that I can duplicate what you are experiencing VS. I've not noticed the autosave feature before, try expanding the text box to near full screen size (bottom right hand corner of the box) and see if it helps. May be a problem with one particular browser, perhaps and older version?

The text has just jumped slightly on autosave with Google Chrome, but not to the degree that it has caused a problem, having said that, I am using an expanded text box.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Thanks guys ..
It may be because I tend to run in reduced window mode ..
Too many apps open on screen at any one time ..so I stack em and don't use full screen window mode ..
So I can see what I have open on screen all the time ..
Maybe thats it ..but it has only started happening in the last few days ..
rgds
VS

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think it's to do with the auto-save function, which saves the page and I guess refreshes the text box every 60 seconds, have upped it to 120 seconds temporarily to see if that solves your problem.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I've noticed it as well and it's a bit of a pain.

I use the quick reply box and when I've finished my post I go back looking for errors to correct.

When I have more than the small screen full then the scroll bar becomes operational to move the window over the text and if I then click the mouse to set the cursor where I want it it's OK for a moment but then, exactly as you have found, the window starts jumping about over the text. the cursor is still in the place I clicked because if I start typing the window jumps back to place the cursor'd line at the bottom of the window. This can be a bit of nuisance if I want to see what I've written on the next line because moving the scroll bar to show lower lines starts the jumping process off.

Other things that seem to cause the problem are the autosave (possibly) although this could just be an innocent bystander at the scene of a crime, and just simply moving the mouse with the pointer somewhere in the window area. I've just done it now by waving the pointer in the window (no clicking) and it jumped. It also has just jumped when I tried to click on a wrong word and I ended up in the paragraph above.

I've just reviewed all my words and I noticed the scroll bar at the side was jittery with the size of the active bar varying in length. This implies that the amount or words typed has been altering but that's obviously not happening

EDIT Forgot to mention that I'm using IE7 at work but I think I also had the problem at home with IE8.

Something else that has only happened since the upgrade. Whever I open a post to edit, or click the button to reply with quote, the text first of all appears as courier before jumping to the forum default font.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Thanks Paul ..
At least I know I'm not imagining it now ..
appreciate the confirmation m8..

rgds
VS