Best Image DM800HD

tlj999

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500s, DM800HD, Sky+, minidish, Fortek star 90cm dish, Fortek Star Motor.
My Location
Newcastle England
Happy Christmas Everbody,

I think over the Xmas hols, I will update my genuine DM800 with a new image.
I currently run Nabilosat BH v0.11 and wondered what people think is the best image to install?
If I backed up my current settings with a software backup, could I use these settings if I installed the new Dream Elite image.

Regards,
Tom.

A nonymous

Reaction score
I'm running EDG Nemesis Dual Enigma 2.4 on mine.

Very happy with it in all honesty :D

andyxxxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox DM800HD - Technomate TM600 - Technomate TM500 Super - SkyBox F5 -- Triax TD110 Dish on TM2600 Motor - Zone 1 sky dish
My Location
Newcastle, UK
I'm currently in a similar predicamednt and experimenting with new images,

DreamboxUK's PLi based image is very good, a little unstable at times but I'm a tinkerer and can't leave things alone... but would be ideal if you jsut intend t set it up and use it as a normal satellite box.

NewEnigma2 is stable but very basic and I found it very slow to zap between channels which got very frustrating very quickly, after a few hours of fiddling I managed to cause a green screen boot-loop and had to reflash

Domica 8 image was alright but a little slow and again unstable when tinkering alot

Nemesis 2.4 and BlackHole 1.6.6 are the best current images IMO, both very stable and quick images with many great features and lots of expansion capability.

tlj999

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500s, DM800HD, Sky+, minidish, Fortek star 90cm dish, Fortek Star Motor.
My Location
Newcastle England
Thanks for the replies,

Where would I find the Blackhole 1.6.6 image, I think I would like to try this one.
I haven't updated my secondstage loader since I got my box. Would I have to do this before installing a new image or would the image have the newest version built in?
How can I check which version I have? How do I upgrade it?

Regards,
Tom.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Dreamoem is the site for all the images, I agree with andyxxx i have tried both the dreamboxuk and a couple of others and found them unstable when trying various plugins. I went back to the Basic OpenPLI 2.1 image which is not bloated with a load of crap plugins and works perfect.

You will have to upgrade the Second stage bootloader first on your current image and then flash one of the newer images. Everything can be found at Dreamoem

andyxxxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox DM800HD - Technomate TM600 - Technomate TM500 Super - SkyBox F5 -- Triax TD110 Dish on TM2600 Motor - Zone 1 sky dish
My Location
Newcastle, UK
I get my images from DreamOEM but mine is a clone so uses the Sim2 images, not sure if the same images are available/would work with a genuine, I've never had one to try.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
andyxxxx said:
I get my images from DreamOEM but mine is a clone so uses the Sim2 images, not sure if the same images are available/would work with a genuine, I've never had one to try.

Same here just hope the OP realises the difference i am sure he will though.

tlj999

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Newcastle England
Hi Digi247,

I think the images from DreamOEM are for clones. I'm looking for a genuine box image.

Nanochicken, what does dual enigma mean in the ' EDG Nemesis Dual Enigma 2.4 image? Is this an image for genuines or clones?

Also what bootloader would I need for this image and can anybody tell me what OE1.6 is?

Regards.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
tlj999 said:
Hi Digi247,

I think the images from DreamOEM are for clones. I'm looking for a genuine box image.

Nanochicken, what does dual enigma mean in the ' EDG Nemesis Dual Enigma 2.4 image? Is this an image for genuines or clones?

Also what bootloader would I need for this image and can anybody tell me what OE1.6 is?

Regards.

Hi tlj999,

No problem at all but if you look at DreamOEM they also have original images for genuine boxes also

regards

Raitsa

Reaction score
Website
www.huoltovalikko.com
My Satellite Setup
Sony Pearl + Stewart Firehawk 182cm, OpenElec + 3 * Intel NUC, Vu+ Solo2 & T90+8lnb, 28Tb Thecus N7510 NAS, Denon AVR 2310, AMX+ 3*Ipad, 3*KefQ1, 4*KefQ2DS, HSU VTF-3 MK3 turbo
My Location
Kirjala, Finland
I would suggest the excellent openAAF Release Image 23.12.2011 (DMM, Vu+, Xtrend/Clarketech)

_http://huoltovalikko.keskustelupalstat.com/index.php?threads/openaaf-release-image-23-12-2011-dmm-vu-xtrend-clarketech.9337/

A nonymous

Reaction score
tlj999 said:
Hi Digi247,

Regards.

My box is a clone SIM 2.01 although as far as i am aware the image is primarily written for a genuine box and then modified to run with a clone box.

The image i use is for a SIM 2.01 box with #84 bootloader, although with the SIM2.01 boxes with #82 bootloaders it will upgrade to #84 bootloader without any issues :D

Nano

andyxxxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Newcastle, UK
nanochickin said:
My box is a clone SIM 2.01 although as far as i am aware the image is primarily written for a genuine box and then modified to run with a clone box.

The image i use is for a SIM 2.01 box with #84 bootloader, although with the SIM2.01 boxes with #82 bootloaders it will upgrade to #84 bootloader without any issues :D

Nano

Thats usually true, so images for the clones are usually based on images for originals, however some are developed specifically for clones like the sim2 BlackHole 1.6.6 image which is based on the BlackHole VU+ image so may be hard to get for an original.

thaskitz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800se
dell inspiron
homemade 6 core amd
My Location
bristol
Oozoon image for me. Looks tidy and not 1 crash.