best way to wall mount cm 1.2 dish ?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
well I have changed the bottom bracket for a k bracket so I have 2 k brackets holding the dish up.

Is this enough or would a t bracket above the 2 k brackets be wise addition ?

i've checked the sleeve anchors and they are still solid after 3 years but the dish wasn't above the gutter then just below it

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Can't see much point in adding a "T" with two "K's" unless you have room 3 courses down. Have you an updated jpeg of the installation?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
there is room as the first bracket is 5th course down. the pole is only a foot exposed above the gutter with the motor/dish on that

Attachments

• IMG_05741.jpg
    IMG_05741.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 73

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Looks rock solid to me as it is, wod

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Looks firm enough to me Wod.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
well its been up there a few days and already been thinking about putting the 1.2 up there if I can lift it up the ladder, as its just sitting in the shed.

due to the weight of dish and motor I would be best to add the 2 t brackets, I have spare if the 1.2 is going up.

i've forgotten the dish area calculation thing, how much more does 1.2 give over 90cm-1metre ?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
With all other factors the same, roughly twice the area.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
Channel Hopper said:
With all other factors the same, roughly twice the area.

interesting as I was viewing mbc on arabsat 26e and the signal went in a heavy shower which wouldn't happen if the 1.2 was up as the signal would be higher than 73%.

just wonder what there is for me to put the 1.2 up, stronger signal on 26e, feeds and not much else really 7w verticals would be nice.

main issue might be the rath of the neighbour due to size of the dish but they dont mind current one so could be ok.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
wod said:
just wonder what there is for me to put the 1.2 up, stronger signal on 26e

That's a good enough reason ;)

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
after recent events ie the strong winds I dont think I will ever be putting up the 1.2m in the current position just too exposed and scared it will come down.

anyway my question, does anyone know what size the nuts are on the 2 v-bolts on the 1224 motor as I dont have the sheet which came with it and its not easily accessible to check, i think they are m10 size or maybe larger.

what I want to know this for is I'm going to double up the nuts as my dish has moved slightly in the winds and put some of them nylock nuts in front to stop anything coming a bit loose.

thanks

phazblade

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD + Nabilo Blackhole 0.12 with External 1TB Esata Drive:
Dreambox 800HD Clone + Ferrari Sim
100CM Motorised Dish:
Ubuntu 9.10 Server with Smargo:
My Location
UK, middle-ish
Re the recent strong winds last week, I was really chuffed that niether of my Dishes moved at all, still the same Quality and Strength as in the summer, touchy woody.

But if your Dish has moved it may not be a question of nuts comming loose, rather than the v-bolt stretching and allowing the assembly to move.

With a dish up that high, and if you have had movement, I would consider replacing the v-bolts and then doing your double nut thing.

Also fit nice flat washers between the first nut and the clamp, their technical name is "stress equalisers" they will share the load out around the whole of the nut face.

And dont overtighten them, tight is wot you want, not stretched