BooHoo Lost MBC channels on 26E

harrowwoman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
One dish 1.5cm with 3 LNBs picking up Hotbird,Arabsat,Astra
old Echostar receiver, GlobalStar 6000i
My Location
Harrow,Middlesex, UK
:confusedThis is what I have done-not realising that someone in the house had been round the back of the TV and pulled out the wire for the satellite I saw that I could not get any channels-no signal was the message....so, being as I have not done a scan for some time (about 1 year) I decided to a)delete channel list b)scan anew.
O-nonot getting anywhere I had the bright idea of looking at the wire-lo and behold it was lying on the floor....so I popped it back in and scanned FTA again.
'O'-redI got the channel listings (hotbird and I think Arabsat)Lots of nice channels there-most showing. I have two dishes, but although lots of channels are showing, the ones I like to watch MBC1,2,3,4, and MBC Action-they show me a blank screen (before I used to watch them).The dish has not been moved,so, what is the problem? Should I re-scan but in the 'ALL' mode?
:-worshipThanks

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
_http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/badr4_mbc.html

You are unlikely to get MBC at all from Arabsat in Harrow. Unless you have something bigger than a 2metre dish I would suggest you point it at another satellite.
(Nilesat is also out of the reception chart for this location, leaving only the older satellite at 30.5 East - _http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/arab2b_medium.html

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
the footprint map for mbc on 26e must have been made up as i have had mbc up here in yorkshire on a 90cm dish

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
wod said:
the footprint map for mbc on 26e must have been made up as i have had mbc up here in yorkshire on a 90cm dish

When though ?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
I have Mbc on a Penta 85 80% of the time C/H.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, harowwoman, since you have two dishes, presumable fixed on Hotbird (13E) and Arabsat (26E), I presume that you have a diseqc switch connected to the receiver to switch betwen the two satellites.

If this is so, you may have reset your diseqc 1.0 settings.

To fix it I suggest the following:-

Tine to 12523H 27500 3/4 and monitor the signal quality. Then flick through the Diseqc 1.0 settings (1 to 4) until you get a signal, one of them should work.

12523H is a strong transponder on 26E and I would imagine that you'd have no problem with that in your area.

One you have that, check the quality on 11919H, if its good, you should get the MBC channels back. N.B I have no idea if you can pick that up in your area, but since you had it before, you should now.

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
with wires being pulled.. that could have fried or upset the diseqc switch or the stb's diseqc control...

hey C H ... don't you get MBC's tp on 26e ... we can nail it with a good 80 here (1m for really decent margin)... you should do it a lot easier there.

try 12182h 16200 3/4 yemen etc.. was the strongest