Bulsatcom on Skystar HD

amorphis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
150 CM Dish, Technotrend SkyStar HD2 DVB-S2 PC Card. AMD 64 Athlon 5200+
My Location
Bulgaria
Hello,
I have a satellite receiver of the bulgarian provider Bulsatcom with a card i bought from them.
I also have a TechnoTrend Skystar HD DVB-S2 PC Card installed on my PC.
So my question is, can i somehow transfer the codes from my Bulsatcom card to my Skystar HD PC card so i can watch difrent channels than the the ones my wife watches in this moment on the TV.

Encription of Bulsatcom is Irdeto2, Grifin and Bulcrypt, and they are on HellasSat 2 39.0 E.

Thanks in advance.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
You could watch different channels of the same polarity as those your wife is watching if the receiver has an LNB out to connect to the Skystar LNB input. Not ideal of course, and could some domestic strife if she switches over to different channel polarity :-doh2

Otherwise, you would need a separate card from your provider to use in a CI module connected to your Skystar HD card (if it is the version with that option), and a twin output LNB on your dish to connect to the Skystar if you haven't already got one.

Llew

amorphis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
150 CM Dish, Technotrend SkyStar HD2 DVB-S2 PC Card. AMD 64 Athlon 5200+
My Location
Bulgaria
Llew said:
You could watch different channels of the same polarity as those your wife is watching if the receiver has an LNB out to connect to the Skystar LNB input. Not ideal of course, and could some domestic strife if she switches over to different channel polarity :-doh2

Otherwise, you would need a separate card from your provider to use in a CI module connected to your Skystar HD card (if it is the version with that option), and a twin output LNB on your dish to connect to the Skystar if you haven't already got one.

Llew

I was hoping for an answer not involving second tax i have to pay :).