CA Modules

bjluv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ClarkeTech 2100Plus USB + Triax 88DL+Moteck (Palm) 2100A motor, Home-Theatre AV System, LCD-TV, PC, HTC TyTN & TyTN II, HTC S620
My Location
Finland
I have a ClarkeTech 2100plus receiver and I could be able to watch certain channels but I have been seeing that in some shops here, they have been selling Technisat Technicrypt CX Conax CA-modules and Technisat MultiCrypt 1 CI Conax/Cryptoworks CA-modules so I want to know is it wise to buy any of these maybe I can see more channels or I should just forget about it ... is it a waste and no go area for my receiver and channel(s) that I might be able to see?

Thank you!

bjluv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ClarkeTech 2100Plus USB + Triax 88DL+Moteck (Palm) 2100A motor, Home-Theatre AV System, LCD-TV, PC, HTC TyTN & TyTN II, HTC S620
My Location
Finland
if I buy a genuine card, i can just put it into the receiver. please tell me why is the need for this?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
bjluv said:
I have a ClarkeTech 2100plus receiver and I could be able to watch certain channels but I have been seeing that in some shops here, they have been selling Technisat Technicrypt CX Conax CA-modules and Technisat MultiCrypt 1 CI Conax/Cryptoworks CA-modules so I want to know is it wise to buy any of these maybe I can see more channels or I should just forget about it ... is it a waste and no go area for my receiver and channel(s) that I might be able to see?

Thank you!

If your present receiver has a slot for official smartcards, then it is just a question of which encryption system does it support.
If there is an official smartcard that you wish to buy, then just make DOUBLY SURE that your receiver will support it. Meaning that the channel/channels will open.
All the other models that you mentioned in your post are just hardware capabilities. You will not be able to watch any paytv channels just because you have these CAMs, unless you are trying to open channels without paying and in this case I can't help you.
Bottom line: Continue to use your present receiver, unless there is something else that you are not telling us.