Can i do it

mightyfoot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB 7020s
My Location
Leeds UK
Hi, thanks to anyone for reading and any advise will be muchly appreciated.

I have a DM7020s with Kernel Linux 2.6.9, Release 0460.
It also has Gemini Project but not sure where to get the version number from? also enigma loads up and again not sure what version i have?

My quest for help is

1. How can i tell what versions i have installed on my DM.
2. Where can i get the latest files to bring it up to date.
3. Location of a really simple idiots guide/file to tell me how i do this, the file or guide should be recent or up to date? most of the guides/files telling how to install and update are years old and confusing even for some one like me who is a nuclear physicist, :-rofl2 the required files or installs tend to be scattered around different websites thus making it a cat and mouse game.

4. Lastly i wish to use my current sly card in my DM and have read and installed just about every cam CS file i have adjusted the N lines and other lines that my computer uses & router to give it access also added the lines in config files but i still cant get the damn thing to work so any help on this would also be excellent.
:-worship :-worship

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
You get the updates from the net, use the remote.
I think that ccc will read sly cards, download a new fresh copy from the net and let the box fix the install.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
To find the image version number, using your remote:

Menu > Information > About

It is the release number if you're using Gemini.

The Idiot's Guide is the best place to start. There is a bit highlighted in red that applies to newbies specifically. Some info may be old but the basics haven't changed - e.g. how to flash an image, how to connect etc.