Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Forum should have a dedicated 'crazy, funny, special mounts' topic :O)

Smewhere in the archives there is a pic of someone using a bongo drum stand as a dish mount :D

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
A few days on, very happy with the cm180, still on temp mount but very stable (no storms or wind).

Many crucial db's & %'s gained all over. The difficult 2f uk (fam125 vs cm180, BU twin):

Attachments

• 125.jpg
    125.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 34
  • 180.jpg
    180.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 35

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
Thinking of the future, this ? > http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/images/raventwin.jpg
Looking for twin (or maybe quad), Invacom or Inverto ?

Any of the sponsors got this ?

Thanks

Hi - 4wd -
Have used the Inverto black pro twin + feed and Invacom quad + feed on my 1.8 channel master offset in the past ... but currently getting best all round results but especially on very weak transponders using a standard black ultra twin , or single version ( same results) i found the c.m feed to be deaf or very poor on certain random weaker frequencies on the 1.8 c.m. .... i don,t know why this occurs... as the same c.m. feed and l.n.b. did not display this result when tested on the same frequencies on a 1.2 channel master ???
so for this reason i no longer use a c.m. feed on the 1.8 .... other standard l.n.b,s that give good all round results on the 1.8 are the Opticum Quad and the GI 212E .......
Just my findings here at this location :)

A

archive10

Thinking of the future, this ? > http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/images/raventwin.jpg
Looking for twin (or maybe quad), Invacom or Inverto ?

Any of the sponsors got this ?

Thanks
I would question the claim that the feed-horn+C120 LNB is better.
Empirical evidence here in DK shows that the IBUQ and Maximum XO-11 outperforms the CM feed-horn + inverto or invacom LNB.
Don't have the link handy, but I have posted my results elsewhere on this site.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
^^^
Thanks for the feedhorn info, saved me money! But a little sad, I'd hoped it would be good, and would have liked to buy it 'cause of the looks :O)

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
^^^
Thanks for the feedhorn info, saved me money! But a little sad, I'd hoped it would be good, and would have liked to buy it 'cause of the looks :O)

Hi - 4wd -

Still worth having if you can pick one up at a decent price :)
for me here its the only arrangement i have for the 1.8 that will lock a couple of the k/u circular transponders at 36 E ..
36E Express AMU1 / Eutelsat 36C ... post 32
using an original channel master dielectric plate in the feed .. the l.n.b in the pic is a "cut" Darkgold . it also works for the same t.p.,s but not quite as well using a genuine c120 inverto

And a C.M. feed grafted onto a "cut" Titanium twin is currently my best performer on the 1.2 channel master ...(no missing transponder issues noticed with the feed on this dish so far)

a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Quick waterbottle creation :O)

Recouping approx 1 db with a dry lnb cap.

Attachments

• rain.JPG
    rain.JPG
    365.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Dish still on the tyre, been very stable. Am slowly moving towards a real install. Found a source for 4.5" tube (from oil drill supplier), minimum size 6 meters :O) That's ok, not too expensive.

180 vast improvement over the 125, all 2E and 2G under control. But 2F UK still marginal in the evenings, need a db or two. Day level up to 12db, evening sometimes down under 5,5 and failing.

So back to lnb testing and mm adjusting, as always seeing some lnb's perform better than others, even same type\make lnb may vary with a db or two. So far have found the best IBU twin (out of 3) and a good IBU quad (out of 3). The single IBU is weak. The Maximum's are good, but narrowly beaten by the IBU's on the 180. On the 125, the Maximum's are best. Go figure. Will later have to try more lnb's and the feedhorn system (thanks a lot to st1 for offering a feedhorn loan, but with shipping charges + holidays not practical).

The wifi\solo2 android satfinder app has proved immensely useful.

Attachments

• lntest.jpg
    lntest.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 31

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
cm 180 performs admirably. Still not sure where exactly to place it in the garden, so ftm still on the tyre and doing well, but had to "improve" :blink: the setup, to secure it a little more to cope with some quite heavy wind seen here lately.
Will get it properly installed later this year.

Attachments

• cm.jpg
    cm.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 32

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Hello again, not too many posts from here, travel, holidays and work.

The cm180 is still on the tyre, secured with straps, pieces of wood etc, but amazingly stable and excellent for all 28 freesat, works perfect :O) Still planning placement, but so far this
When you make something temporary it will automatically become permanent
is nearly becoming true (hope not). Some autumn storm will probably be a good reminder to start working on it.

IBU quad in use, good 28 24\24, & 2G & 2F levels have improved since earlier this summer. Example attached, ITV 1 HD at it's weakest in the evenings, still some margin, goes to 15\16 db daytime.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: