Complicated diseqc switch setup ...

haggar11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm7020Si +DM500+ TM600+ Cable receiver. 1.1 Triax, 90cm mesh Sm3500 Sat Meter,
HP DC7900 with DVB-S2 and AV to USB, 22" and 17" monitors!
My Location
London
Hello guys

My setup is very simple but to get what i want will be much complicated... I have 2 dishes on back garden aimed at 13e and 8w. this is connected through diseqc 1.0 4 output Aand B respectively for 13e and 8W, C D is vacant. output cable run where is my TV located at setting room.

Another cable is coming through building network for Astra2 28e, near my TV, its impossible to extend that cable to back garden to hook it in diseqc switch.!

Now i am changing cable manually to switch between 13e and 8w on one cable and 28e on the other.

One of my friend has adviced to us High installation Diseqc, i bought one but i was unable to configure this to my DM500 nor DM7020si.

I have tried every possible soluation came to my head.

Please share the idea with me, if its possible to hook the 28e to the diseqc cable, into any kind of diseqc or switch to enable me to use one cable for all sats.

Many thanks for your help in this ...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I think there are a number of threads that can verify this setup however IIRC I think you need to make the 28.2/5 Feed Diseqc A then the others will be B and C accordingly. There are some threads about problems with lnb's and multiple feeds to switches
Without knowing more of what is happening it is difficult to be sure read this for example
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...p-4-feed-diseqc-switch-gemini-v4-4-image.html

edit, just re-read and can see you cannot get a feed to the switch so perhaps fitting an AB switch would be a better

haggar11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Many thanks Topper for your prompt reply... I have read some threads over the internet talking about using the same method to hook monolock lnb through diseqc switch with others, seem to works fine, just can not get my head around why its not working from switch to switch?! but most likely its an lnb power issue, but dont know how to solve that...

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Ok, have I got this right: you have two cables coming into your house, one from a dish on 28ºE and the other is the output of a diseqc 1.0 switch coming from 2 dishes in the garden.

There are two ways to do this:
  1. Take the cable from your 28ºE dish and feed it into output 3 on the diseqc switch
  2. Leave everything as it is and add a diseqc 1.1 switch in the house

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Huevos said:
  1. Take the cable from your 28ºE dish and feed it into output 3 on the diseqc switch

I originally thought he was saying that but if you re-read it which is why I edited my post from last night, he cannot take a feed from the 28.2 back to the switch outside although it is unclear as to why not...

haggar11 said:
Another cable is coming through building network for Astra2 28e, near my TV, its impossible to extend that cable to back garden to hook it in diseqc switch.!

and you stated
Huevos said:
feed it into the output 3 on the diseqc switch
but I assume you meant intput, as it will only have one output will it not?

I have to say I was not aware you could cascade diseqc switches but then I do not use them

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
24" SuperJack,Clark-Tech V-Box
Laminas120cm CM P.M 75e-30w
18" Superjack, Clark-Tech V-Box
Gibertini XP premium 100cm
Polar Mount, 12" Superjack
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
You need a Uncommited switch like SPAUN SUR 211 _http://www.satshop.tv/Spaun-SUR-211-F-2-1-Switch
You can have this switch inside near your TV.
Just put in the 28,2e cable to port A in the SPAUN, and then the other cable in port B.
The Uncommitted SPAUN SUR switch will let the DiSEqC 1.0 signal pass trough and reach the second switch (Comitted switch).
These settings are you choosing in the expert setup i your Dreambox.
If it's still intresting i will help you with the settings.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi If I have read this right ..You have a single cable running from your 2 dishes outside your property to your receiver ..and a diseqc switch external to the property to handle the switching..
You also have an internal 28 deg feed inside the property which you only have access to inside the property ...and you were going to extend this outside so as to use the externally mounted diseqc switch ..??
My suggestion ..assuming you have a 12v control line (which I believe the DM boxes have) ...is to use a 12v controlled AB switch with one input to the 28deg feed and the other to the feed from the external diseqc ..
The AB switch would be inside the house and the diseqc switch remains outside ..
..Job done ..
:)
rgds
VS

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Topper said:
I was not aware you could cascade diseqc switches but then I do not use them
Yes you can cascade them (see Hakon's post). First switch would be diseqc 1.1 (uncommitted) and the second switch a diseqc 1.0 (committed). So with switch like the EMP Centaurio 16/1, along with 16 diseqc 1.0 switches you can rig up a 64 LNB setup. Not all receivers allow full control though, but on a Linux box there's not going to be any problem. Actually I think you can even do a double casade getting you up to 256 LNBs, not that I've ever tried.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Huevos said:
Yes you can cascade them (see Hakon's post). First switch would be diseqc 1.1 (uncommitted) and the second switch a diseqc 1.0 (committed). So with switch like the EMP Centaurio 16/1, along with 16 diseqc 1.0 switches you can rig up a 64 LNB setup. Not all receivers allow full control though, but on a Linux box there's not going to be any problem. Actually I think you can even do a double casade getting you up to 256 LNBs, not that I've ever tried.

Never tried Cascading switches ...but fascinating and useful info ..
I shall file that away in the 'ole organic grey repository..for later use..
thanks m8's
VS

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
Cascade switches and Dreambox is nothing new to me, you can see my setup below:-wave

Attachments

• Kopplingsscema SPAUN.JPG
    Kopplingsscema SPAUN.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 193

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Hakon said:
Cascade switches and Dreambox is nothing new to me, you can see my setup below:-wave
Hakon, where the uncommitted switches are cascaded how does the switch know which switch is being addressed? What are modes 1 and 3?

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
Huevos said:
Hakon, where the uncommitted switches are cascaded how does the switch know which switch is being addressed? What are modes 1 and 3?

As the switch has a function where you can set them in different mode (Mode1, Mode2,Mode3) they will "listen" to different commands.
The settings for these commands are made in your reciever (DiSEqC 1.1)
At SPAUN hompage you can find how those settings will be configured in the different modes. _http://www.spaun.de/files/8ed2b_en_Description_of_the_Committed_Switches.pdf

For an example, if you looked at my Switching diagram you see the sat 28.5e is connected to the third SPAUN switch in cascade.The next example shows the 19,2e.
The settings in my Dreambox will be as in picture below.
It took me some hours before i understand how it worked,try to Google, asked on different forums but no one could help me.So i had to figure it out for my self,and at last i did.I only use SPAUN as they are the best DiSEqC switches you can get

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 117
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCN3075.jpg
    DSCN3075.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 121

haggar11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Huevos said:
Ok, have I got this right: you have two cables coming into your house, one from a dish on 28ºE and the other is the output of a diseqc 1.0 switch coming from 2 dishes in the garden.

There are two ways to do this:

Many thanks Huevos for your reply and sorry to all as i have been on moved i could not login online...

Option 1 will not work for me, but option 2 is perfect.

Thanks for sharing the ideas with me.

haggar11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Hakon said:
You need a Uncommited switch like SPAUN SUR 211 _http://www.satshop.tv/Spaun-SUR-211-F-2-1-Switch
You can have this switch inside near your TV.
Just put in the 28,2e cable to port A in the SPAUN, and then the other cable in port B.
The Uncommitted SPAUN SUR switch will let the DiSEqC 1.0 signal pass trough and reach the second switch (Comitted switch).
These settings are you choosing in the expert setup i your Dreambox.
If it's still intresting i will help you with the settings.

Many thanks Hakon for sharing the idea...
what you suggest will be best of my options, just quick question, does it matter if the outside Diseqc switch is 4 or 2 ports?

If this is no matter... then i would really think of adding more dishes to my 4 ports.
I have viewed Dm Diseqc option, i can see you can do whatever you want! really amazing options. you will surely assist me for that... just after the new unit arrive...

Many thanks again .....
cheers

haggar11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Vipersan said:
Hi If I have read this right ..You have a single cable running from your 2 dishes outside your property to your receiver ..and a diseqc switch external to the property to handle the switching..
You also have an internal 28 deg feed inside the property which you only have access to inside the property ...and you were going to extend this outside so as to use the externally mounted diseqc switch ..??
My suggestion ..assuming you have a 12v control line (which I believe the DM boxes have) ...is to use a 12v controlled AB switch with one input to the 28deg feed and the other to the feed from the external diseqc ..
The AB switch would be inside the house and the diseqc switch remains outside ..
..Job done ..
:)
rgds
VS

Thanks Vipersan

The only A/B switch i can find online is manual, so based on this is not usefull, but if there auto one it can work for me, the important bit is i need something to work with 4 ports Diseqc

Cheers

haggar11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Hakon said:
As the switch has a function where you can set them in different mode (Mode1, Mode2,Mode3) they will "listen" to different commands.
At SPAUN hompage you can find how those settings will be configured in the different modes. _http://www.spaun.de/files/8ed2b_en_Description_of_the_Committed_Switches.pdf

For an example, if you looked at my Switching diagram you see the sat 28.5e is connected to the third SPAUN switch in cascade.The next example shows the 19,2e.
It took me some hours before i understand how it worked,try to Google, asked on different forums but no one could help me.So i had to figure it out for my self,and at last i did.I only use SPAUN as they are the best DiSEqC switches you can get

Very useful info indeed... Appericate you advice, i am just waiting the delivery :)

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
haggar11 said:
does it matter if the outside Diseqc switch is 4 or 2 ports?

cheers
No it doesn't matter you can go for a 4 or a 2 port switch, it's your choise.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
haggar11 said:
Thanks Vipersan

The only A/B switch i can find online is manual, so based on this is not usefull, but if there auto one it can work for me, the important bit is i need something to work with 4 ports Diseqc

Cheers

Sorry about leading you down the garden path with that one m8..
I'd no idea they were nla ...
I used to have a few of those at one time made by Global (CS012) ..but looks like they went the same way as the SPS1 (smart priority switch)...which are equally rare as rocking horse pooh...
I guess when they cease to be popular ..they simply stop making 'em.
Somewhere there must be a huge pile of redundant sat switch gear ...and I'd love to get in and rummage..
rgds
VS

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Hakon said:

Hi Hakon
...can you tell me if the SUR420F is still available ??
I can't seem to find anyone selling them..
certainly no one in the UK
rgds
VS

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
Vipersan said:
Hi Hakon
...can you tell me if the SUR420F is still available ??
I can't seem to find anyone selling them..
certainly no one in the UK
rgds
VS

If you Google for SPAUN SUR 420 I think you will find a lot of satshop who can sell one to you,ok most from Germany but no problem to buy from there.Go for the SPAUN SUR 420 WSG (it's for outdooruse)