Deleting services in DBEdit

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Having got my head round sending and receiving files from the VU+ I'm confused by the 'service delete' function. I can alter the channel list on my own bouquet and when uploaded it transfers to the VU+ ok.

However when I delete channels in the 'all services' list (the left hand pane), then save, ftp to the VU+ they are still there in the VU+ 'all services' list. Yes, I'm rebooting the VU+ to enable the changes. Any ideas?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Once you have FTP the channel list, you need to send the reload command to your vu+ from within db edit.

There's a button on the same page as the buttons to send and receive files from the receiver.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
wod said:
Once you have FTP the channel list, you need to send the reload command to your vu+ from within db edit.

There's a button on the same page as the buttons to send and receive files from the receiver.

Yes, done that and tried a 'cold' reboot of the box too. Still won't alter the 'all channels' list. Frustrating really as I can make and delete bouquets and add and delete channels to them very easily, then FTP them to the VU+ without a prob. It's not a big gripe but I don't fancy having to delete stuff via the STB when I have a program to do it!