Diablo - occasional initialize necessary?

Baj1936

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
99 cm. aluminium Funke dish with Titanium second edition 0.2dB LNB, Jaeger 99G H to H motor and
Fortec Star Passion receiver.
My Location
Canterbury UK.
New to Diablo cam - I have a small problem (perhaps annoyance).

When I'm watching Premiere or Digi TV (the only packages I watch) occasionally (once a day, sometimes more often), the channel becomes scrambled. I remove the cam from the receiver, without changing channel, wait five seconds or so and then re-insert cam. The cam initializes, the channel becomes unscrambled and all is well.

Is this normal or not?

Receiver = Fortec Star Passion with up to date software. Switch off at mains + factory reset makes no difference.

Cam = Diablo Light; cas3; formatted then loaded with STEALTH227 and latest KEYS.BIN file.
Configuration: -
AUTO PMT= ON
EMULATORS=ON
N2 AU=ON
EMULATOR PRIORITY= 1:EMU - 2:CARDS
FIXED CW=OFF
SMARTCARD MESSAGE= (Never Show)

Any comments/ help, please.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Premiere have been fighting back to stop the AU working, it is best to turn off the N2 AU feature after the keys update.
If this doesn't resolve the problem it could be that your receiver is over heating, or the cam is over heating in the receiver try and ensure there is lots of air flow and if necessary fit a fan.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
There does seem to be an 'ideal' temperature in which cam + receiver operate in the Passion.

In my case, the Passion needs to have been running for several minutes before a cam will initialise (not just the Diablo, any other cams too).

In Baj1936's case, taking the cam out probably cools it down sufficiently for it to initialise again.

Other than that, it may well be a firmware issue, as later updates did solve some initialisation problems with the Diablo (not with mine though).

Llew

Baj1936

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
99 cm. aluminium Funke dish with Titanium second edition 0.2dB LNB, Jaeger 99G H to H motor and
Fortec Star Passion receiver.
My Location
Canterbury UK.
@Llew Thanks for your reply

The Passion certainly had problems with initializing the Diablo cam, when loaded with earlier versions of its firmware.
I am using the latest firmware and the cam initializes immediately when switching-on from standby.
And my cam certainly runs very hot.

It is all a bit uncertain/of a mystery, but as I wrote in my initial post - an annoyance perhaps rather than a problem.

coyote

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
matrix reborn
Ucas3 programmer
eyetv receiver
My Location
germany
Hi there,

I have 2 diablo cam in an eyetv 310 receiver and Fortec HD passion;

Pr*miere seems now relatievly stable on both receivers,
however T*S needs some reinitialisation at switch on (cam out and in) where does not work on the fortec receiver.

has anobody xperienced similar effect or be able to run T*S on fortec?

I also have a cam MRB (zcas) and a TPS card. 2 weeks ago, the CAM stopped working; I tried with the CAS3 to reprogramm but the xilink is regonised but not the flash memory...

The loading of the bin file seems ok , but the verification fails with too many error!

I am stuck and have no clue on to proceed;

Any good idea for both cases, thx very much for your support

d.:-hny

jocktrucker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD, TM6900HDsupercombo, Manhattan xtcm, motorised 90cm 53e to 45w, home cinema system.
My Location
EDINBURGH
i get the exact same problem with t*s on my manhattan. prem. is fine. i switch the box off, then back on again onto france 5, then go to the channel i want.

jasonx2007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pace ds810xe /manhatten st-200 /tecnomate 1500+ super /65cm traix dish on a satcatcher motor /1 x trex twin cam 1x dragon twin cam duolabs cas3 programmer and diablo cam light
My Location
hull city/uk
(coyote) i am suprise that your using a matrix cam mate
i know there was good in the old days . but now not supported anymore
as there not fast enought for new channels . by the sounds off it seams like you flash the wrong file to the cam as there is a few matrix out . i know i done it before ..

as for passion hd i got one a while back soon when back to maplin as it was not good i know good old laurals site is doing beta soft that try and fix the cam plobs in my mind the less you spend on a hd box the worst it gets . so far the humax is getting there with loads off support from dream pirates off germany

coyote

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
matrix reborn
Ucas3 programmer
eyetv receiver
My Location
germany
hi Jason

quite old indeed, but my mrb was working fine with a official tp* card, and suddenly went off without changing the firmware.

I tried to reprogram it but no success, any idea how to recover?

i used the mrb312 from the luxsat site...

For the diablo+fortec passion, has y been able to run tp* on it? whatever the temperature, the on?off, france 5 for a start, nothing helped

regrds

d.

woodlouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2,
Fortecstar Passion HD,
moteck 2100, Lidl 80cm dish
My Location
UK
I have a diablo+fortec passion and 232. I get prem fine, either with Stealth update pack or AU, but can never get T*S at all.
Do I need extra files for T*S??

woodlouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2,
Fortecstar Passion HD,
moteck 2100, Lidl 80cm dish
My Location
UK
I still have problem getting TP*. Update pack says it should work, and occassionally it works for me for a little while, but mostly I just "scrambled proggrammme" message.
Anyone else have this problem?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
TPS have managed to knock out the majority of pirate AU and so is currently not available, we now await new files.