Diablo Wi-Fi Cam

frunko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, Humax HD Freesat, DM500HD, 90cm dish with technomate motor.
My Location
Highlands, Scotland
Hi All,

I received the new Diablo WiFi Cam through the post yesterday. It arrived with no literature at all, and I'm struggling to get started.

There seems to be very little info on the net regarding this Cam as yet. Has anyone got any idea's or info on setting up this mystery Cam?

I bought the Wi-Fi version thinking that I wouldn't need a Cas 3 to program the Cam, as it was advertised as programmable direct with your router. Is this correct?

Any advice or tips would be appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Frank Mc

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can you see the CAM on your Router?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
This product is fairly new and as far as I know you still require a Cas programmer to load the latest underworld software onto the Cam.
I don't think there is a downloadable manual for this product yet, and lots of people have had problems getting it to work properly, and most of these have configured dreamboxes and linux receivers, so tend to know what they are doing.
For more information on the cam try diablocam.com, you can contact them regarding set up.

frunko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Highlands, Scotland
Still trying to configure the Cam & Router to speak to each other, I've entered IP address etc into Cam, but no luck.

I've tried the Diablo site and there's not any information available as yet, I'll try contacting them direct and see what comes back.

I think you might be right Mickha, it looks like I need a Cas 3 programmer to load on the underworld files. I'm finding mixed information on various forums, and alot of people are getting mixing up between the Diablo wireless & Diablo WiFi Cam.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The wireless cams use the base station and is now rebranded as Zig-Bee, I assume that's to try and stop some of the confusion.

frunko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Highlands, Scotland
Well, I got my reply from duolabs ...

"To program/update the cam you need any cas interface...

About the manual we are waiting to finish the latest stuff related to the wifi encryption to publish one."

So I guess I'll have to dig deeper and buy a Cas 3+ ... That'll keep the wife happy ... NOT!!!

Just have to be a little more patient and wait for the manual to be released. :cool:

roobert

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 7700
My Location
Europe
If it's a wifi it should work out of the (missing) box.
In your decoder go into the ci menu and put the necessary settings.
Out of the (missing) box you can't use encryption, so check your wifi and disable the encryption.
For new firmware you will have to buy at least a cas2 interface or maybe that files will apear on fun cards, but I doubght of it.