Digibit R1 alternative

badscooter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Quad Lnb, sky minidish, vbox tuner, sat to ip use channels dvr as client
My Location
Ireland
There’s plenty out there. What price range are you talking about. The R1 option is probably the best route to go price wise.

The Kathrein range would probably be the next option to look at but you are heading into the pro range and they don’t come cheap.

Some of the Asian STBs have sat>ip built in but are probably a bit flaky at the best of times.

I’ll be surprised if you find any alternatives to the R1 if price is a consideration for you.
I will check out the Kathrein range. I probably wouldn't want to spend more than €200 as my Vbox is doing the job just isn't the best tuner

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
I will check out the Kathrein range. I probably wouldn't want to spend more than €200 as my Vbox is doing the job just isn't the best tuner
What’s the main priority here. You mention the ability to create an m3u and a unit with four tuners. Personally I’d opt for a computer based solution rather than a STB solution. You do mention you wanted to avoid TVH but if money is a consideration it would be the cheapest route to go. Based on a budget of €200 the Kathrein range are not a runner

A stand-alone sat>ip unit is going to cost dearly. I always tried to avoid going that route until the Digibit Twin came along.

I really do advise you to go the Digibit R1 route while the seller still has them in stock. When they are gone that’s it. You’ll not get better for the price and the manufacturer has confirmed today that they won’t be producing them again.

badscooter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Quad Lnb, sky minidish, vbox tuner, sat to ip use channels dvr as client
My Location
Ireland
Does anyone know if the GSS DSL 400 is the same box ad the Digibit R1?

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
You might want to read this if you haven’t already. From the questions you’re asking you possibly have. Sat>IP can be a tricky setup if you’ve never done it before. SAT>IP settings for DIGIBIT R1 and tvheadend