Digital video essential dvd, is it worth it?

jimash1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky + main tv feed (not HD)

Samsung 32 inch 1080p HD lcd
My Location
essex
Hi there im new to this forum and i would like some advice if any of you can help. I recently bought a 32 inch samsung lcd 1080p hd tv and i have put my exsisting Sky+ feed into it via scart. The picture out the box as i expect most of you know is rubbish, ive tried correcting this by turning dynamic off and higher/lowering the colour, contrast etc. This made a big difference but still pretty poor espealiy when watching football. Ive read about the DVE (digital video essential) DVD's which has config screens for colour contrast etc but im bit confused will this just improve the quality of picture when i watch DVD's or will it also improve the picture i get through my Sky? I dont have HD yet so i know i cant expect top quality but id like to watch a game of footy without the players being blurred when they run after paying fair bit of cash for a tv. If anyone has any experince with using the DVE dvd i would be most grateful of any help you could give me.
Thanks

Staminastan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite - none yet, am researching :o) Computer setup - 1x HTPC running media centre; 2 old rubbish laptops and a Mac for editing
My Location
London
DVE will help you calibrate your screen for the input (DVD or Bluray) you're playing DVE on, getting brightness and contrast etc. "right". It won't fix motion blur nor will it calibrate Sky at all, only your DVD/Bluray input. You'd be best off borrowing a copy I reckon given you'll use it once then not again until you buy a new telly / DVD / Bluray.

Stan

Staminastan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite - none yet, am researching :o) Computer setup - 1x HTPC running media centre; 2 old rubbish laptops and a Mac for editing
My Location
London
DVE will help you calibrate your screen for the input (DVD or Bluray) you're playing DVE on, getting brightness and contrast etc. "right". It won't fix motion blur nor will it calibrate Sky at all, only your DVD/Bluray input. You'd be best off borrowing a copy I reckon given you'll use it once then not again until you buy a new telly / DVD / Bluray.

Stan