DiseqC and USALS setup scenario query

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi All,

This is the scenario:

I have a digibox with a fixed dish (100 cm) pointing at Astra 2 for obvious reasons (System A). I also have a HD receiver connected to a Motec 2100 motor (System :cool: with a loop through for the LNB.

The dish on System B is a smaller than the dish on System A as the signal where I am in France is not strong enough for the smaller dish (80 cm). This means that I can't get BBC HD on my HD reciever because of the dish size.

Here are my questions:

1. Would it possible to maybe install a DiseqC switch between the USALS motor and the HD box (System :cool: and connect the System A dish to the DiseqC device and loop it through the HD box to the SKY digibox?

2. Would there be any conflicts between the DiseqC and the USALA protocols?

3. Would this have any impact on the signal strength to the SKY box (my quality is around 80% as it is now)?

4. Would I still be able to watch anything on System A or B while recording from the other with this setup?

5. Are these stupid questions?

Should I just forget about it and get a bigger dish for the motorised system?

J700

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
moteck sg2100a rotor. 1,3m dish. Invacom lnb. ipbox 900hd. 1,5TB eSATA hdd.
My Location
Scandinavia 63N 21E
1. Would it possible to maybe install a DiseqC switch between the USALS motor and the HD box (System :cool: and connect the System A dish to the DiseqC device and loop it through the HD box to the SKY digibox?
It would be possible to connect a diseqc-switch at the "lnb in" on the motor if your box supports the setup.