Dish alignment from 28E to 13E

anonimity

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Uno
My Location
London
Hello,
Today I decided to align my sly dish from 28E to 13E with the help of my vu+ uno satfinder. I read it's quite easy to find 13E in uk.
Of course I couldn't find 13E just by turning the dish slightly towards south, so I thought I had to adjust the elevation as well a bit higher.
I must note that before the elevation adjustment the ACG indication was always on and fluctuating but suddenly after the elevation adjustment everything (SNR,ACG) went to 0% and no matter what I do I can't find any signal for any satellite.
I started thinking that probably the LNB died or there is a problem with the coaxial cable, but sounds to me weird it happened during the procedure. What do you think?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
It's not that easy to locate a satelite, especially only using your receivers inbuilt tuner, and a small Sky dish, it sometimes takes a lot of patience.
It is easier using a cheap satellite meter, do you have a cheap satellite meter? You can pick one up for around £5-£6.
Did you mark your dish, while it was aligned to 28.2E, to make moving it back easier?
Moving from 28.2E, to 13E, you need to move the dish to the left, West, as you're facing the dish, and ensure your receiver is tuned to a strong transponder, for 13E.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes 13e is easy to find in the uk.

I suggest you go back to 28e and work your way round one satellite at a time, I.e 23.5e then 19e then 13e, though you may want to skip 23.5e as your dish is too small for all transponders. Dish elevation will need to be increased as you move round, but should be good enough between adjacent satellites on a small dish, so adjust once you have found the next one.

anonimity

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Uno
My Location
London
I couldnt find any signal at all after the elevation alignment. Before that at least the was indication on the AGC but after the elevation alignment nothing.
So, I removed the cable from the lnb now and I attached a pic. Do you think there is chances to work again?IMAG0277.jpg

mich181189

Automation guy
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite gear here, but at my parents' house there is:
Konig 35cm camping dish (horrible, too small)
80cm Silvercrest (lidl)on 13E and 19.2E and a Technomate 5300D+ USB Super.
My Location
Surrey
Ok... You'll find it works better with the F connector attached to the cable. Unlike most connectors, the cable's centre conductor becomes the centre pin of the connector, and the connector is really just a ring with a screw thread on it. From that photo there seems to be very little braid left so you'll probably want to re-strip the cable to make sure you get a good connection.

The connector just screws onto the LNB. If you pulled the cable off, the connector is probably still attached!

anonimity

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Uno
My Location
London
mich181189 said:
Ok... You'll find it works better with the F connector attached to the cable. Unlike most connectors, the cable's centre conductor becomes the centre pin of the connector, and the connector is really just a ring with a screw thread on it. From that photo there seems to be very little braid left so you'll probably want to re-strip the cable to make sure you get a good connection.

The connector just screws onto the LNB. If you pulled the cable off, the connector is probably still attached!

I forgot to mention that I unscrewed the F-connector from the LNB. I will try to follow your instruction to fix the cable. thanks.

A-masters

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat on main tv motorised on 2nd tv - various receivers. No sky here thanks
Loads of computers but mainly a Dell laptop.
My Location
South Lincs
If I did this I would find 13 first before adjusting the elevation as the elevation adjustment would be very fine.