Dish Alignment help - motorised polar mount

pompeyblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 88 Dish, Polar Mount, 12" Superjack, Technomate 5500DAPCI, Xcam Module
My Location
Northampton
I have a Technomate 5500DAPCI with a Traix 88cm dish. All mounted facing south using a triax polar mount with actuator. I have managed to partially set up the tracking based on 1 west but not getting all the satellites. Tracking east west is OK, but some channels on say Hotbird I get no signal such as RAI 1, but others are OK.

Looks like I'm not tracking the arc accurately enough. )(-red

Can anyone help me with what degrees the mount should be and the dish as well? Still confused on elevation declination and which bit they apply to. :confused

My location is Northampton, lat: 52:13:22N (52.2228) lon: 0:54:17W (-0.9047)

I will be setting this on 1 West.

Cheers in advance for the help. Bye the way great forum, wish I found it a while back!

pompeyblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 88 Dish, Polar Mount, 12" Superjack, Technomate 5500DAPCI, Xcam Module
My Location
Northampton
hanks for the info. I've tried this before and still seem to be getting little luck.

This one is based for America and a centre dish. I have an offset dish with the LNB angle at 26 dgrees!?

Anyone help with telling me what elevation / declination is, and how it applies to the dish / polar mount.

I'd like to complete this soon otherwise the hammer might come out.

Thanks Guys

pete12

Reaction score
pompeyblue

I'm no expert I've only set my dish up once and it was with a Diseq motor. I would expect elevation and declination to be the same for both systems. I followed the instructons that came with the motor. It included an elevation and declination table.

For elevation take your latitude away from 90. i.e 90 - 52 = 38.
For declination the table shows 7.470 for 52 Latitude.

Hope this Helps

pete12