dish alignment

bri31

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silvercrest sl65/12 dm800hd pvr
laptop easynote
My Location
cheshire
hi all i've got a dm800hd whith a 1m motorised dish and when i set up usals and go to find astra28.2 i get a 99% alignment
and no signal so when i search for channels i get tune failed but if i go to find arabsat 30.5 using usals i get 99% alignment
and 92% signal i then search 28.2 even though the usals says its
on30.5 and i get all the channels on astra28.2 so am i right in thinking my dish is out by about 2 deg if so could i move the dish manualy 2 deg and reset the dish to get it aligned for use whith usals
thanx bri31

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome, doesn't sound like your tracking.

Send the motor to reference/zero first then add coordinates.

As per the setup guides, you need to drive the dish to 1°W [for your location] after adding details into USALs, then align for this bird.

bri31

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laptop easynote
My Location
cheshire
satelliteman said:
Welcome, doesn't sound like your tracking.

Send the motor to reference/zero first then add coordinates.

As per the setup guides, you need to drive the dish to 1°W [for your location] after adding details into USALs, then align for this bird.
ok i've located thor 1w but don't know how to save that position could you advise me how to save it using dm 800hd thanx bri31

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
If using USALs you don't save positions. Menu, setup, s/searching, tuner config, simple, mode positioner and add location. Do this after calibrating the motor. Image dependent.

bri31

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laptop easynote
My Location
cheshire
satelliteman said:
If using USALs you don't save positions. Menu, setup, s/searching, tuner config, simple, mode positioner and add location. Do this after calibrating the motor. Image dependent.
hi m8 imageis nabilosat black hole going to realign when my mate comes round in half an hour i'll let you no how i get on bri31