dm-600 technical help please

sut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky plus box
My Location
birmingham
hi

im looking for some help if you are able. im looking for a box that i can use in basicly the same way as my sly plus box. i would like to be able to record a channel while i watch another have the ability to rewind fastforward ect ect.

now i know i can buy the dreambox 7025 or the 800 hd but these to be honest are to expensive for me at the moment as im a newbie and am still learning at this moment so am looking to spend as little as possible at the minute incase things dont work out the way i want.

so what i would like to know is that i have been told that i could buy a cheaper dreambox 600 add a second turner and a hhd. im told this would allow me to do the thing i want. can you confirm this is correct and what version dm-600 i would need also how hard would it be to fit a second turner and hdd? is there a guide on doing this?

i would also like to know i have flashed and setup and eagle box and am told it is the same process for the dm-500 again if i buy the dm-600 would the flashing and setup be the same for the dm-600 and would installing a second turner make the flashing any harder?

thanks for all and any help
sut

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
DM600PVR can have only one tuner.
Why can't you continue to use the Eagle?

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Your cheapest (but not the most practical) option would be to keep the Eagle and buy a DM600. When you are recording something with the DM600 you can use the Eaglebox to watch another channel.

Flashing is easy and so is fitting a hard drive, so don't worry about that.

I don't know what kind of remote comes with the EagleBox, but if it uses the same IR controls as the Dreambox remote, then you will have problem because when you use the remote, both boxes will be accepting the commands.

sut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky plus box
My Location
birmingham
Your cheapest (but not the most practical) option would be to keep the Eagle and buy a DM600. When you are recording something with the DM600 you can use the Eaglebox to watch another channel.

wouldnt i need 2 stream thou 1 for each box?

thanks

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Yes you would need a separate feed for each box, but if you want to be able to record while watching another program, you need a separate feed from the LNB anyway, whether you use two separate boxes or a DM7025.