80cm Dish for 4.0
80cm Dish for 7.0
80cm dish for 26.0
180cm Dish for 38.5 moved to Astra
7020 si
DM800 clone
My Location
Israel
The other day decided to do a rescan to see if any new transmissions are available.
When i rebooted the box it started up OK but after about two minutes the boot sequence freezes and I get a cloloured flash for a few seconds on the top quarter of the screen.
This flash change in colour and nothing else happens.

thanks
Eddie'O'-red

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
It sounds like something got corrupted. First thing I would try is reflash with new image, but don't use your settings (don't save and reinstate) on the new image. Rescan and re-setup everything. Then you can start copying back settings one at a time and see which is the corrupted one.

update: just saw the original post - ypu should not start a new thread for an continuing problem as the background is not known then.
You have invalidated your waranty if it is an original and if its a clone you're pretty much on your own. Resoldering surface mount chips can cause all sorts of problems, like frying the chip, so I think you might now have a dead box.

edsatil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Dish for 4.0
80cm Dish for 7.0
80cm dish for 26.0
180cm Dish for 38.5 moved to Astra
7020 si
DM800 clone
My Location
Israel
I opened a new thread because the original problem with the tuner was fixed and the box worked fine. It was only when I did a rescan that the unit locked up and is now not passing through the full boot sequence.

missy123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just got a dreambox dm800
My Location
huddersfield
i have same prob. when booting the bar doesnt go past the `b` and freezez . i took tuner out and rebooted the booted all the way so i think my tuner is nackered.

where can i get a new tuner from? read their is a L3 tuner which is newest?

thanks