dm5620 problems

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800 90cmdish and motek 2100a www.expert-ict.co.uk
My Location
lancashire uk
hello all

i have aquired a dm5620 that has a few issues , i get the dredded boot 5600 and then the display goes to - - - -

when i try to use hyper terminal i get lots of junk like this ì°îõý °°‚µ¸Â‚¸&‚°¸ñÈèÈåùõø¿5Aì x^‚žýùó þùoë±ñAò ¿ ú²ÕùíüÖñýãû¿’ý ôö>?á
å½»üýïøö>ÒýŽÃ}k½õáòõûþËëìZ«ñ®¾¾dïþ·íþýAâ Ëåùç°þÁëåúûñ9þ 4± èEý°_ûÉý¶ êÁý ýê
Õ}¦»õá êÝý¢ýùÉ÷ñþþ 6¡ý± èAý¼_ôÙý°ýêÁý ýÉÒþõñý¸ýúÉý¨ýä?ó ~ ý$±¿è þÁýûÉ}¦ýþÁ} ý°
í]³ _©ñý·_ôñý² l (has any 1 seen this before???)

now im using a usb to serial cable as my new laptop does not have a serial interface , i am emulating com 2 and connecting via my null modem .

i can not see the box via any version of dreamup .

my next task is to try and jtag the box i have been reading up now all night anf think i have come across that pin 1 on the jtag is bottom right nearest the card slot and furthst away from the front of the STB (is this correct ???).

i have a cas 2+ interface and a standard jtag via ltp (which has the best resuslt ??)

If i can get this 1 to work then i have another 1 on the way with same problem except this 1 just keeps saying boot 5600 and does not goto - - - - does anybody know the differance in these 2 errors???)

thanks for any help in advance :)

karl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800 90cmdish and motek 2100a www.expert-ict.co.uk
My Location
lancashire uk
ok i have managed to get this box to boot fully with the official image ... and all works 100% but , when i install the pli or gemini or hydra , the box boots to - - - - and i can ping the box and web into it but the video does now come on (nothing on the screen) .. pli was a little diffrent here it came on but was all wavey like it was in the wrong mode , yet i could just make out it was in PAL

any ideas here guys im a little lost

karl