DM600 and Sky Info required

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a sky mini dish + a Dreambox 600S with Gemini- 430 and CCcam 2.0.8
My Location
Cornwall UK
Hi I am a real rookie so here goes. I am thinking of buying a dreambox 600 i have never owned a dreambox but have a fair idea about it. I amwondering if i have a sly card from a prvious subsrciption to sky which is currently blocked due to other reasons i.e. i havent finished my 12 mth contract. can i use this card in dreambox to get channels. Two bits of extra info required 1 can i use a sky dish that is installed on side of my house that i have moved into dont know when it last worked. Can i just connect a cable from the dreambox to the wall where the sky box is connected also my sly card is irish will it work in the uk and will i recieve the irish channels that i previously recieved through sly. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I was going to buy a dreambox 600 s i am completely knew to this is it possible for me to mess around and if something goes wrong press a delete button and start over or is there a risk if you do something wrong thats it your d=box is only good for the bin (Gemini virus?????)

Hi really amateur but can someone tell me what is cccam and where can i get it also where can i get a gemini image or other image that is good

Hi i am in cornwall i had a sly subscription at home and it was turned off about 9mths ago im thinking of buying a dreambox 600s can i get rte and net 2 on this dreambox also can i use a sky dish that is already installe in house i am renting there is no box or anything just a dish and connection to the socket on the wall or will i need to install a larger dish outside also will i need a motor on that dish Thanks

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I've merged your posts into a new thread (feel free to edit your post again).

An Irish sky card works with CCcam and your sky dish will work with a Dreambox although you will only see channels that are on 28.2E.

CCcam is an emu (a cam emulator): it is software that can read a card and can allow you to view encrypted channels if the keys are public.

Gemini is an image not a virus and it is hard to kill a Dreambox.

Please have a good read of The Guide but it makes more sense when you have a box to try it all out on.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
Can i clarify that i would be able to recieve all the channels that a are available on a sly dish from this astra position. Also can i put the sly card into a dreambox 600 or do i need to do card sharing ( whatever that is)? Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No - you will get whatever the card is authorised for nothing more. There are no freebies on 28E.

Card sharing would allow access to all the channels, (the keys are shared the internet through a broadbandconnection.

The difficult bit iss finding a c/s ring willing to accept you.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
What if i have a bigger dish say 90cm do i still need card sharing?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
CS provides keys - you still need to receive the channels to decrypt them. Try google for your other point (removed). Please read the rules:

Card Sharing. We are happy for you to discuss the techniques, but we do not allow soliciting for members or advertising card shares and do not recommend that anyone does so in open forum or news group. This rule is for your protection, not ours

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
OK Thank you. This is very helpful I appreciate it. I just spoke to a sat store about buying the 600S and he was telling me that I need to be competent in networking etc to use this box. I am good with computers but have never really done any programming etc. Is there a certain type of programming I could learn first in order to be competent with the dream box. I dont want to do a degree or anything just learn enough to allow me to experiment. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks again

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Have you read The Guide?

No Linux programming is needed to set it up but a good understanding of networking helps a great deal. There is a learning curve but it is not impossible - you just need perseverance , common sense and treat it as a hobby. If you must have channels then pay for them.

A Dreambox will work with a sky card- what you get depends on the card; if it FTV you will only get FTV channels.

It makes more sense if you have a box- have a read through the old posts in the Dreambox sections as your question gets asked on a regular basis in various forms.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
Ok have read the guide! I think my main question is if i have a dreambox with 80cm dish with motor can i view encrypted channels from europe etc without having a card or subscription. Or do you always have to pay for a basic package or card? not sky i know sky is not hacked via satellite

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
A motor and a big dish will give you the biggest potential number of channels. Many of these will be encrypted and not in English.

To decrypt a channel requires a valid subscription card. For some encrypted channels it is possible to use an emu plus working keys but keys are not always known and some encryption systems have not been cracked.

The channels that can be opened with an emu + keys varies (often from day to day) - Taquilla went secure recently and Premiere will follow shortly. Another option is CS but you are likely to need a full sub. card to enter the ring plus it is illegal and you can be exploited if you don't know what you're doing or know the people.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
OK c/s seems like a really poor option to a complete rookie like me but that said im just going on my inital instincts. Its a hard deciion then as to whether its worth investing if things are going to tighten up that much that the technology will be useless down the road and all we will recive is FTV. Without card sharing which is essentially paying for it and then recieving all channels from another sat which if your paying for it you will most prob already have the good channels sports etc! I think i would like to try and figure it out anyway so ill prob give it a shot. BTW thanks for taking the time to explain the basics. Could your recommend a motorised dish or are they all much the same?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I use a Moteck - there are other similar brands out there. I'm not an expert so a browse through the motorised section may be useful.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
I have spoken to an installer who says he can put up a dish with two lnb's so i can access hotbird and astra for 160 quid. Will i be able to access all of astra and all of hotbird from this system. This is much cheaper than installing a motorised dish it seems. These two satellites will provide me with pretty much everything ive been told. Also is it possible to add a motor to this type of dish setup later on down the road do you know? Cheers:-worship

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
as mhku has allready said, the more satellites you can receive, the more channels you will be able to watch. Are you sure this installer meant a dual lnb for Astra2 and Hotbird ? Both seem a bit far apart to be served by a single dish (28E and 13E).
you will be able to watch all SD and HD channels which are FTA, which your (subscription) cards will open, and which can be opened by installing the correct keys. As a dreambox is network-ready, it can be connected to the internet and you can create (unix) scripts which are capable of downloading keys from the internet.
but it's not an easy machine to operate. Luckally, there are lots of tools which you can install on a pc and which help you to set up your dreambox. But there is a learning curve and it will drive you up the walls a few times.....

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
I thought Astra was 19E

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Astra 1 = 19E
Astra 2 = 28E
Astra 3 = 23.5E
Astra 4 = Sirius 4 Africa beam
Astra 5 = 31.5E

:D

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
How many different positions is Hotbird on? Or how many Hotbird channels are there Hotbird 1 etc etc???????. Do you know if what this installer is offering is possible will i be able to access all astra and hotbird with a dual lnb?:cool::eek::toke:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can get Astra 1 (19 East) and Hotbird using a monobloc LNB.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
erukus said:
How many different positions is Hotbird on? Or how many Hotbird channels are there Hotbird 1 etc etc???????. Do you know if what this installer is offering is possible will i be able to access all astra and hotbird with a dual lnb?:cool::eek::toke:

All the Hotbirds are co-located in space (6, 7A & 8). The same with the currently operational Astra 1's

The older one Hotbirds have been withdrawn from use (Hottie 1) or sent to new homes & renamed (Hotties 2-5)

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
erukus said:
I thought Astra was 19E

you're talking about SKY, and that's Astra 2 only : 28E. You won't be able to get any of the UK channels if you don't receive this one.