DM7020 Teletext ?

kaziu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung DSR9500
My Location
Sweden
I am planning to buy a DM7020, but I am unsure about the following:

Sends this box a teletext info with the output video signal (scart, RF) ?

This would be very helpful for me if you (which own a DM7020 box) could to do a simple test:

1. Open a Service sending the teletext.
2. Check the teletext decoding by activating the Text on the DM7020 remote control.
3. Exit the Teletext function on the DM7020 box.
4. Activate the Teletext viewing on the TV connected to the box.
5. It shall be possible to see the teletext pages decoded by the box (?).

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
kaziu said:
I am planning to buy a DM7020, but I am unsure about the following:

Sends this box a teletext info with the output video signal (scart, RF) ?

This would be very helpful for me if you (which own a DM7020 box) could to do a simple test:

1. Open a Service sending the teletext.
2. Check the teletext decoding by activating the Text on the DM7020 remote control.
3. Exit the Teletext function on the DM7020 box.
4. Activate the Teletext viewing on the TV connected to the box.
5. It shall be possible to see the teletext pages decoded by the box (?).

Not sure why do you want to do this. Please elaborate.
With the Dreambox 7000S, you can toggle the TV, teletext and a superimposed TV and teletext by pressing the mute button after activating the service, something that I noticed by chance.

kaziu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung DSR9500
My Location
Sweden
Simply I have two TV receivers placed in separate rooms connected to the satellite box. Mainly in our family we are watching one TV service program.
I need to have independent viewing of the teletext using the teletext decoders built-in in the TVs. One is watching the program, another is viewing the teletext. Or both are viewing different teletext pages.
All these scenarios mentioned abowe we had with our old digital satellite receiver, which unfortunately went corrupted.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
kaziu said:
Simply I have two TV receivers placed in separate rooms connected to the satellite box. Mainly in our family we are watching one TV service program.
I need to have independent viewing of the teletext using the teletext decoders built-in in the TVs. One is watching the program, another is viewing the teletext. Or both are viewing different teletext pages.
All these scenarios mentioned abowe we had with our old digital satellite receiver, which unfortunately went corrupted.

Tried it now with Dreambox 7000S and a Sony TV which has teletext feature, but it didn't work with the TV remote, only from the Dreambox remote.
My guess is it will not work with 7020 either.
But, perhaps your TV teletext is better than mine.

kaziu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung DSR9500
My Location
Sweden
Thanks for your try. Probably I will get DM7025+ which surely has this function.