dm800 diseq???

bossa_nova

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 800hd pointing to 13/19/28
My Location
uk
i have set up my dm800 with a diseq switch, 28 goes in to one switch then a mono (13/19) goes in to the other and 28 works all the time but when i switch to 13 or 19 it says tune failed and snr is 0%, 13/19 did work earlier in the day because i scanned both sats and got all the channels and i went on a few and snr was at 70%/80% and i was watching channels but since then when i go back its 0% snr and tune failed.

its not a clone box its a legit one.

any ideas whats wrong? diseq settings??? im new to dreambox so i have no idea.

thanks

bossa_nova

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 800hd pointing to 13/19/28
My Location
uk
i think i have it working now 28 is lnb 1 and then the monoblock is 2 and 3, its scanning hotbird now and im picking up all the channels and they are working

how do i save my settings??? so if i ever factory reset i can restore them ?

Eek!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
Berkshire
Hi,

DCC (Dreambox Control Centre) will do a backup of all the bouquets, satellites.xml etc. Useful tool to have. Dreambox Edit is good for editing channels/bouquets and will also do a backup.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
Although it is possible to back up settings, I am a firm believer in setting up from scratch whenever I flash a box, in case there are mapping differences for settings in the new file formats compared to the old file formats, or a corruption has crept into my settings (which might be the reason a reflash was needed).
In any event, channels are moved around all the time as well as renamed, so a fresh scan every so often is not a bad idea to get things in order again and then have a look at the bouquets again. Unfortunately it takes a bit of time, but after a few attempts it takes about an hour to do the lot, which is not too bad.