DM800 USALS setup problem

tlj999

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500s, DM800HD, Sky+, minidish, Fortek star 90cm dish, Fortek Star Motor.
My Location
Newcastle England
Hi all,

I had 2 dishes connected to my DM800. A sky dish and a motorised one. I had the motorised one parked at 13e and used a Diseq switch to swap between 13e and 28.2e.

I have recently bought a new DM800 for the bedroom and I want to use fixed sky dish for living room and motorised on bedroom DM.

I setup bedroom DM800 and picked up 13e straight away, changed tuner config to positioner and put in my long and lat.
I next turned to BBC1 28e and dish moved straight there ( very close anyway. I get a bit more BER than normal ). However, when I try to go back to 13e ( or any other sat ) dish moves but never finds the sat. But will always return to 28e if I select that sat.

Any ideas what could be wrong or suggestions how to fix.

I assume my pole is plumb and dish is fixed to wall ok because I could get 13e and 28.2e.

Many thanks in advance

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I can only imagine that the coordinates you put in differ from what's in the old receiver. Can you double check? 28E is a strong spot so being slightly out probably isn't as noticeable as it would be on 13E.

tlj999

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500s, DM800HD, Sky+, minidish, Fortek star 90cm dish, Fortek Star Motor.
My Location
Newcastle England
Hi Captain Jack,

Thank you for quick reply.

I was using a Diseq switch on old setup so didn't need any co-ordinates. Both dishes where stationary.

Which other sat has a strong signal so I can try and lock onto?

tlj999

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Newcastle England
I've checked my long and lat settings and they seem to be ok.
I think the dish either moves a little bit to far or not far enough when it;s searching for the sats.
Should I alter my long or lat setting slightly to offset this.?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
OK, so the dish was on the motor but the motor wasn't being used? Can you cross-reference the settings from your old receiver or, better, try the old receiver again and see if it works?

If all you want to receive is Hot Bird then you can try moving the dish using the positioner setup screen. Other strong satellites to try are 23.5E (though SatBG just left it), 19.2E and 9E.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
It could also be the case that the original setup used Diseqc 1.2 and not USALS which would explain the overshoot.