Do I need other utilities than ProgDVB?

emotland

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo2.
My Location
Norway
I am a Mac user, but now have the possibility to get a laptop from 2006 with Windows XP cheap from a mate at work. I will only use this for satellite receiving purposes.

I have read different threads about 4.2.2 sat feeds received on a pc, but there is one thing I haven´t found an answer for yet:

Will I need anything else than the laptop, ProgDVB software and my Vantage HD 8000s to receive FTA signals? What about the mentioned 4.2.2 feeds?

Satcom1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 Meter Primestar Elliptical C/KU. Twinhan 1025 PCI(Linux), Coolsat 6000, Winegard 76 cm dish. 8' Unimesh, HCC9300 Receiver.
Diamond 9000 HD, 1m prime focus, 1.2 m prime focus, both on C Band.
My Location
Chicago
emotland said:
I am a Mac user, but now have the possibility to get a laptop from 2006 with Windows XP cheap from a mate at work. I will only use this for satellite receiving purposes.

I have read different threads about 4.2.2 sat feeds received on a pc, but there is one thing I haven´t found an answer for yet:

Will I need anything else than the laptop, ProgDVB software and my Vantage HD 8000s to receive FTA signals? What about the mentioned 4.2.2 feeds?

This STB has a USB port that allows an PC to read its hard drive. That does not seem to me the same as a USB Satellite PCI device. Do you know of anyone that is using this configured with a PC and ProgDVB?

ProgDVB has great support for 4.2.2 and other HD formats. But contact Prog to see if he supports the Vantage HD 8000s .

emotland

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo2.
My Location
Norway
Thanks - I will do that. :)

I don´t know of any using this Vantage model together with a pc. Anyone on this forum?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
That USB port is for updating the box firmware, channel lists and keys. It's not for video streaming (that's my understanding anyway). If you want to view 4:2:2 you need either a Linux box to stream to pc, a DVB-S pci or usb receiver, or a dedicated receiver like the Quali or Azbox.