dragon cam with sky card

satelliteNOOB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
strong srt 4658x with dragon cam and a dreambox dm500s with CCcam, newcamd
My Location
new zealand
hi guys, new to this ..im trying to get a sky card to work in a strong 4658x receiver with a dragon cam. when i go to the menue it says ' smartcard error (no ATR)..do i have to do something else or will it not work? the sky card is original...can anyone please help me

prestwich1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax foxsat pvr, amd64 x2, 250Gb hdd, ati 2600, 4Gb ddr2 ram
My Location
Bury
I use a dragon cam with a sky card in a Humax foxsat hdr. I've had no problems with it. The pred version is 3.62, which is not the latest.

Have you put the sky card in a sky box and left it for at least 2hours to make sure it's up to date? This can take longer so I'd put it in the sky box overnight and retry it later.

The cam doesn't pass through the keep alive signals to the card and so every 4 - 6 weeks it needs to go back in a sky box.

Hope that helps Dave. :)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Usually the problem is that the card is inserted the wrong way round, it should be inserted with the chip facing upwards, into the Dragon Cam, facing downwards in your Digi box.
If this isn't the problem check that the Predator firmware, loaded on your Dragon Cam contains the correct CAID.
For premium channels to work, sports and films, you have to insert the sky box key into your Dragon Cam.

satelliteNOOB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
new zealand
thanks guys,
i had a talk with a mate over here (new zealand) and he rekons it might be that sky uses a different encryption to the uk sky? as my dragon cam is from the uk not nz? maybe thats the problem?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
If the Dragon menu doesn't include the conditional access system IDs (CAIDs) for Sky NZ, then you won't have any luck mate. No idea what they are in your part of the world unfortunately.

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
Sky New Zealand uses exactly the same encryption (NDS Videoguard) as Sky Digital UK, Sky Italia, etc.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Yes, same encryption, but different CAIDS. 096A and 0960 apparently.

satelliteNOOB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
new zealand
Llew, thanks but what are caids? can i reprogram my card? what do i need and where do i get the right files from?
so if programed right i could watch sky and foxtel (nds encryption) with original cards?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No you cant reprogramme your card. Modern encryptions are totally secure and cards cannot be tinkered with.

Dragon cams - and various other modern cams allow existing subs cards to be read, but you get exactly whats autorised on the card, no more.

satelliteNOOB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
new zealand
sorry, i was not meaning to say reprogram my card but reprogram my cam? is that what i should do?