Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
C2D E8400, 1MB Ethernet
My Location
Brazil
Hi guys,

I am totally new to Dreambox and I do have some basic questions. Here they are:

- Is it possible to watch emissions coded in nagra 3 with my 500S ?
- I do need to use a card or use cadsharing to watch any payed channel?

- Here in Brazil we have one satellite (Amazonas) that transmits nagra 2 and nagra 3 coded channels, and the operator of those channels does not use any smart card as Sky does. Is it possible to me to use my 500s to watch those channels?

Thank you :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Generally speaking its possible to watch nagra 3 transmissions with a dreambox, although a subscription is required. There are no hacks for nagra 3 as far as we know.

If the Amazonas transmissions dont use a card then theres no possibility of either cardsharing or using an official subscription card in it, therefore its unlikely you will be able to use dreambox.

guevaraz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
C2D E8400, 1MB Ethernet
My Location
Brazil
Analoguesat said:
Generally speaking its possible to watch nagra 3 transmissions with a dreambox, although a subscription is required. There are no hacks for nagra 3 as far as we know.

If the Amazonas transmissions dont use a card then theres no possibility of either cardsharing or using an official subscription card in it, therefore its unlikely you will be able to use dreambox.

Analoguesat,

Thank you for your prompt answer.

Just one more question:
If I get the keys of some subscriptions, is it possible to store them in my Dreambox and use then for watching the channels without the real smartcard ?

Thank you again

bikrom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Dakar SENEGAL
Dude that's illegal. you need to keep that in mind. Not sure it's that gonna work but if you are comfortable enough on linux environments and of course not bothered screwing up ur box then go ahead and give it a try :) Otherwise there you might want to check out the following link

-http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread.php?t=57788

guevaraz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
C2D E8400, 1MB Ethernet
My Location
Brazil
bikrom said:
Dude that's illegal. you need to keep that in mind. Not sure it's that gonna work but if you are comfortable enough on linux environments and of course not bothered screwing up ur box then go ahead and give it a try :) Otherwise there you might want to check out the following link

-http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread.php?t=57788

I do know that is illegal, but thank you for reminding me. :)

BTW, the link you have passed is not on-line...

bikrom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s
My Location
Dakar SENEGAL
it is m8 :)
live link to another forum removed - admin