Roky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Kaon KSC570
My Location
Flanders
Dear members,

I have a dreambox 7020 from which the ethernet port seems to be damaged. This must have been happened after a heavy thunderstorm here in Flanders a couple of weeks ago. The box was only connected with a lan cable to the router (so power cord was unplugged). I can still watch TV but having an home network or internet connection seems not longer to be possible. Is there any possibility to have wifi network using a usb dongle or something? If yes how can i get a suitible image on the box?

Sorry for my bad english, my mother language is dutch.

Many thanks for a reaction,

Regards,

A nonymous

Reaction score
It might sound daft, but have you checked the router? Try a different port, also try the lead before condeming the DM7020.

As far as i know the wireless bridge that is available plugs into the ethernet port also, so that won't work if the problem truly is the ethernet port.

Might be worth opening the box up and having a look around the ethernet card for signs of damage. It may be a dry or blown capacitor that is the issue.

It may also be worth considering buying a DM7020 for parts, theres usually one or two for grabs on ebay.de and ebay.co.uk. The tuner going seems to an issue on most of them so it stands to reason that the ethernet cards may be ok.

I have a DM7020 with a blown tuner which i just use as a car reader now. Its still useful so i have no need to throw it away :D

You may also find that if its something simple that has packed up it may be cheaper to get it repaired rather than trying a quick fix like a wireless usb.

Nano

Roky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Kaon KSC570
My Location
Flanders
Hello Nanochickin,

Thanks for your reply. I already checked the router but that doesn' t seem to be the problem. When the box is booted the network configuration says:

Ip: 10.0.0.97
Netmask: 255.0.0.0
Type: LAN
Nameserver: 195.130.131.130
Gateway: 127.0.0.1

I think this are default values. Configuring these values manually is not helping either. When i try to download a plugin i can see blinking a red led near the ethernet port for a short period and then the box gives an error message.

After opening the box i can't find any signs of damage. Now that i know that using a wireless usb still needs the ethernet port i will look for an adress to repair the box because my knowledge about this is rather limited.

Thanks anyway for your reply.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
When you set them manually, what did you change them to and what is your router's ip and subnet mask?

Roky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Kaon KSC570
My Location
Flanders
Hello Rolfw,

Router Gateway is 192.168.0.1 and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0. I gave my box manually Ip 192.168.0.218, because DHCP gave no result (ip was 10.0.0.97 with DHCP),and change netmask into 255.255.255.0 and gateway 192.168.0.1.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ah OK, was just checking as a last resort, I never ignore the obvious, as it is often missed.:)

Roky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Kaon KSC570
My Location
Flanders
yes Rolfw that's correct, before posting i always try to figure it out myself and be sure the obvious things are checked. Anyway thanks for your reply. Do you have any idea what this type of repair could cost?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No idea I'm afraid, but several of our guys here are in the know, so I'm sure will be able to throw some light on it.:)