Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020
My Location
usa oregon 97115
I got a dreambox 7020 yesterday.
I have a dish 500 with a dp pluss lnb.
This is my first lynux box and I'm a real idiot in trying to get this working
the guy I bought it from has the latest fix v2.06 loaded into it.
I can't seem to lock on to the sats.
I'm starting to wonder if the lnb im using is incompatable.
and starting to wonder if I bit off more than I can chew.
Please help.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Right you will also need to let us know what image you are using and also exactly what fix you are talking about :D

If its a fix for circumnavigating Dish TVs encryption you are treading on very thin ice as talking about defrauding the American providers is not allowed on this forum :eek:

As with the lnb you will need to let us know which sat you are trying to lock on to as some of the American providors birds still use circular polarisation instead of Horizontal/vertical polarisation. You may need to tell your receiver which type is in use.

:-beer

Nano

ryobie1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020
My Location
usa oregon 97115
I have a dishpro 500 with a dish pro pluss lnb.
The box is flashed with DREAM Multimedia and I have my dish pointed at 110w and 119w
I pay a monthky subscription to the dishnet providers and have a valid accses card.
it is not my intention to steal anything or try to veiw channels I don't suscribe to. I am mearly trying to get an inexspencive dvr running.

ryobie1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020
My Location
usa oregon 97115
I can't get the dreambox to lock the sats. The dish was installed by the dishnet installers. The only directions I can seem to find on the internet is how to set up the box to steal the channels. I need to figure out how to make it work with my acsess card.

ryobie1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020
My Location
usa oregon 97115
if this falls outside your rules I am sorry, I will discuss it no more.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I have my dish pointed at 110w and 119w

Are you using a motor or do you have two LNBs?

ryobie1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020
My Location
usa oregon 97115
no it is just a stationary dish. I have 1 dish pro 500 lnb it is a 2 in one with an internal switch. has 2 outs and one in.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well that may be your problem, those satellites at 100 W and 119 W use circular polarization either L or R. I do not think the standard setup for a dreambox will handle circular polarisation, but others may know better

ryobie1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020
My Location
usa oregon 97115
How can I tell if my dreambox 7020 is a clone?

ryobie1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020
My Location
usa oregon 97115
what can I do to the dreambox to make it handle the lnb's requred for 110 and 119?

A nonymous

Reaction score
I'm sure there is a way to do it. I'll see if i can figure it out this evening when i get back from work :)

Can you let me know what card you have. It should say on the back of it.

I'm guessing its a Kudelski Nagravision card. I'm sure we can figure this out and I'm sure the 7020 does have a setting for circular polarity I've just got to remember where it is.

You may also need to change the image on your box as the genuine Dream Multimedia CVS image is next to useless for using the full functions of the box.

Nano

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
There are some LNB settings in

Setup > satellite searching > satellite configuration

You'll probably need an emu like CCcam to read your card (or an emu used in your part of the world).

A nonymous

Reaction score
OK i've had to scratch my head a bit for the day as i'm going off memory as i don't have a DM7020 anymore.

You will need to find a Dreambox 7020 NTSC image rather than a PAL one, i know they are available as i've come across them before, where i can't remember.

These images should have all the sats for your part of the world already in the sat config. they should also have Circular and H/V polarity in the drop down menu in automatic transponder scan.

As for the 2 lnbs try using the DISEqC settings A/B also in the sat config setup to see if it will switch between the 2 lnbs. Its in Menu->6 somewhere.

If your card is a Nagra 3 type you will need to use either NewCS or Cccam 2.04 for the emu to allow the card to be read. These are downloadable from the blue button on most images ;)

If i remember rightly you will also need the boxkey to allow it to read the card.

Nano

ryobie1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020
My Location
usa oregon 97115
ok I got it working with 2 seporit lnb's. I can't seem to make it work with my dn card but I did get it working.
The key was it was not compatable with the lnb i was using, Thank you for your help.