Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
My Location
Thessaloniki, Greece
Check it out:

1. Download the zipped file _http://www.iota.gr/dreambox2ps3/ps3.zip
  2. Unzip it on your hard disk.
  3. Use ftp to upload ps3.html into /usr/share/tuxbox/enigma/htdocs on your dreambox.
  4. Turn on your PS3 and head to Network > Internet Browser
  5. Enter your dreambox ip, e.g. http://192.168.1.2
  6. Enter your username and password.
  7. Enter your dreambox ip+ps3.html, e.g. http://192.168.1.2/ps3.html
  8. Click on your favourite folder.
  9. Click on your favourite channel.
  10. Show a little patience and you'll enjoy a stream of your favourite channel through PS3.
  11. Every time you need to stream from dreambox to PS3, you need to first visit dreambox's main ip (e.g. 192.168.1.2) to enter your username and password and then move on to ps3.html

This solution has been tested on the latest PS3 and PLi for dreambox 7020. Please, post your positive or negative feedback.

Enjoy!

rgeissen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox PS3 19.2
My Location
Germany
Hi EMAV,

I tried your script (using Gemini Project 4.7 Image + Little Apache WebServer) ... whenever I call it - either from PC or PS3 - I get only the screen with the following information:
---------------------------------------------------
Dreambox to PS3 Streamer v. 1.0.0
Copyright © 2010 Efthimios Mavrogeorgiadis.
Released and distributed under the GNU General Public License.
Simple AJAX Code-Kit (SACK) and XRegExp are distributed under their respective licenses.
-------------------------------------------------------

Nothing to select here besides the links from GNU

I would really appreciate if you could get this work ... I guarantee you gonna get famous in the PS3 community :)

Greez
rgeissen

emav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
My Location
Thessaloniki, Greece
It seems that you need to turn javascript on. Use...

Options (Δ) > Tools > Javascript > On

...to do so. Let me know if this resolves the problem.

Efthimios

PS: Here's a few pictures of PS3's interaction with my Dreambox. :)
Dreambox to PS3 Streamer v. 1.0.0 Images

jasmart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, Dreambox 600 PVR, Intel Core 2 Quad 9500, 4GB Ram, Windows 7
My Location
UK
@rgeissen - I'm guessing you need to modify the html of the Streamer file. I found the original poster had hard coded his IP within it, so you need to edit that and pop your dreamboxes IP in there.

However - before you go to that effort do you realise you can stream to your PS3 without this Dreambox to PS3 Streamer v. 1.0.0 file? All the file allows you to do is change channels from within the PS3 browser.

If all you want to do is view the satellite stream's output on your ps3, and you are happy to change the channel via the box itself (or by your phone using the webif - try it!) then all you need to do is open the PS3's web browser and navigate to http://yourdreamboxs.ip:31344.

So when watching the footie I'm able to view it on the 50" plasma downstairs rather than on the bedroom telly that has the dreambox attached. Works a treat.

emav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
My Location
Thessaloniki, Greece
Oops! Thanks for pointing this out, jasmart. It's already been corrected. I forgot to replace my ip address with location.host when I uploaded the file.

jasmart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, Dreambox 600 PVR, Intel Core 2 Quad 9500, 4GB Ram, Windows 7
My Location
UK
emav said:
Oops! Thanks for pointing this out, jasmart. It's already been corrected. I forgot to replace my ip address with location.host when I uploaded the file.
No problem emav. Thanks for the initial upload. Although I'm not using this to change channels (I use the iPhone app) it did save me a lot of grief when looking at the available streaming methods.

rgeissen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox PS3 19.2
My Location
Germany
Thanks guys, I did change from gemini image to a pli image and now it works as designed :) Problem now is that I don't have a UPNP server anymore to stream dreambox DM7000 content to my PS3.

I can't find ushare because I don't have the ""PLi Package Management" as an option to install. Any hint on how to install ushare on a DM7000 ?

packetstormer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax dish, TM2300 motor. 2 x DM800HD, 1 DM500, 2 x Sly HD. 1 60cm fixed (Astra 2D).
My Location
Ireland
jasmart said:
If all you want to do is view the satellite stream's output on your ps3, and you are happy to change the channel via the box itself (or by your phone using the webif - try it!) then all you need to do is open the PS3's web browser and navigate to http://yourdreamboxs.ip:31344.

Can you confirm this works? I can't get this to work on any of my Dreamboxes (800's and 500's)

wannelly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500s
My Location
belfast
tried this also but couldnt get it to work either, kept gettin error when typing dreamboxip31344 into webbrowser on ps3, anybody no why its not working?thanks, using dm800s

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi @wannelly,

It will only work on an image that has PLi zapstream installed!
If you look in your /etc/services file and don't see the line:
Code:
zapstream    31344/tcp
or in /etc/inetd.conf and don't see either:
Code:
zapstream    stream    tcp    nowait    root    /sbin/zapstream        zapstream -ts

OR

31344    stream    tcp    nowait    root    /sbin/zapstream        zapstream -ts
Then it's not installed and it will not work.

It is only installed by default in PLi images so...if you're not running a PLi image you will have to manually install PLi zapstream or change to a PLi image. I use mostly Gemini images but have manually installed zapstream.

Here is my guide to installing zapstream in a Gemini image in an Enigma 1 box (DM7000S) but it will give you the basic information on what needs to be done:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...de-installing-pli-zapstream-other-images.html

Best wishes, John.

firebuddie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD78 multi sat.
Windows 7 Ultimate E5500 4 gb ram
My Location
belfast
Hi Fellas, I know this thread has gone cold for a wee while now...but,,,just wanted to get some feedback on pic quality on PS3 before I splash the hard cash on a new dreambox as this seems the perfect multi room tv stream setup.

Many thanks