satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Reception from EB1 - no problem here (UK) :)

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
satelliteman said:
Reception from EB1 - no problem here (UK) :)

No problem here (E.Cyprus) either.

A.H.Arshad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird
My Location
pakistan
dear working fine here in Pakistan

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
As there havent been hundreds of howls of protest that some tiddly two bit channel isnt available it has to be a problem at the original posters location.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A.H.Arshad said:
dear working fine here in Pakistan

You can get Eurobird 1 28.5E in Pakistan?? Which channels & what sized dish?

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Analoguesat said:
As there havent been hundreds of howls of protest that some tiddly two bit channel isnt available it has to be a problem at the original posters location.

Now now Analoguesat, we can't all like the same channels.
But you are right, sounds like a problem with the original poster's setup.
Cheers,
Geoff.

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 ..... No fixed location
My Location
Monmouth
geoffreys said:
Now now Analoguesat, we can't all like the same channels.
But you are right, sounds like a problem with the original poster's setup.
Cheers,
Geoff.

I do agree however he could be looking at a channel which is off air and the poster not knowing !!!!!!!!

mark

oldfart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
Invacom Quattro LNB
Chayofa, Tenerife
DM8K
My Location
Tenerife
Its not a single channel - its all of Eurobird1!
We lost it all about midnight of the 1st/2nd April, could be a location problem; will get meter out on dish.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Are you saying you have lost Eb1 (fixed beam) with a 120cm but still seeing Astra2 ?

tmccourt

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
From another source (posted today);
'All astra 2c transponders have been powered down as it heads off to its temporary position@ 31.5 east to stand in for astra 5a that failed in January.'

might be a red-herring in this conversation...

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
2C is part of Astra's fleet :D

oldfart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
Invacom Quattro LNB
Chayofa, Tenerife
DM8K
My Location
Tenerife
satelliteman said:
Are you saying you have lost Eb1 (fixed beam) with a 120cm but still seeing Astra2 ?

yes - exactly

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
I must add that strange things have been happening the last couple of days with different customers.Mainly about FIVE showing no signal,even if we tune it in manually,storing it in other channels and when selecting FIVE still no signal.
I found that with all my customers with 3m dishes I just had to do a forced upgrade(after following advice on a post on this site),then by just taking out card,powering off then on then inserting card.
Also linked to the same problem,choosing a channels which is usually strong and getting just a blue screen(with the banner showing channel/program details)
And 2 customers today had problems with no signal on certain channels and eventually I tracked it down to the LNB setting had changed on the low band(10.40 instead of 9.75 ?).And I had to go all the way to Paphos to find one of them out !
Strange but true.
Oh, and the last one which has baffled me. I went to a customer who is part of a dish share and aligned the dish which moved of a bit in the recent high winds.He has a neighbour next door who is on a different dish share from a dish much further down but on same estate ,and this customer complained recently about not getting true movies,but he wasn't home today. Another neighbour came out( who is sharing with first customer saying bbc/itv fine but no true movies). First customer also notices he not getting true movies. After checking the cable runs(as they are piped underground) we discover these two neighbours are not on the same dish(the first connected to dish next door,the second via multiswitch 100 feet away)So,both dish systems not receiving true movies, so we blamed the satellite,weather etc they were not concerned.
Meanwhile i get call from another customer in same village but about a mile away about no signal on FIVE. So I go round there and power off then on and FIVE is back.Then I notice true movies is very weak,breaking up a lot and going no signal and back again. I explained about the other customers and as she had a 2.7m I said it must be weak in this area. I went into manual tune to see the strength of true movies frequency(11.642) and find it is quite strong on strength and quality. I store it then select it but still breaking up. I noticed a cordless phone on the side of the tv unit so I power it off and true movies goes to no signal then it comes back on perfect ! Power phone back on and after ten seconds it starts breaking up again. It turns out that this customer had a problem with the other cordless phone in the kitchen(did not ring) so she brought the secondary one down from the bedroom and plonked it next to the tv !
Did I go back to the other two customers and see if they had cordless phones near their digiboxes?
Did I *****. When her 2 neighbours found out I was in the area I was called to do the FIVE thing, as they also had no signal.When I finished with them and was about to leave,neighbour with 2.7m calls and says suddenly everything gone to no signal. So I go back and quick check revealed output 1 on her quad LNB had decided to go dead,so I connected her to output 2.By then the sun had nearly set and I switched off my mobile and went home.
Welcome to the twilight zone.