dizzyjj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite
My Location
UK
MISTERMAXX said:
wot is the procedure after you have flashed the box

Reboot, as step 4 in 1st post then setup as you would normally add - channels & cccam plugin etc.

4: Once the flash progress meter has reached 100%, turn the DB off then on again.

BGills

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox dm600s, 39" dish with rotor, Win XP
My Location
USA, Florida
compufunk said:
As of yet most of the apps I have found for flashing a dreambox over LAN are not compatible with the DM-600 .NFI image format.

I discovered a way to easily erase the flash a few nights ago. I figured there most likely was a way to erase the flash without using a PC based application.

You can easily flash your DM-600 as follows.

Important, You must know what IP address your DB will have, post flash erase. My DB always gets the same IP address from the router when I use DHCP. The IP is assigned based on MAC address, so never changes from image to image.
If someone else can, please chip in with a way of figuring out your IP address otherwise.

1: Turn on DHCP in the communications page and note down the IP address your DB was assigned.

2: Remove the power supply lead from the back of the DB, hold in the power/standby button, plug in the power supply again (While keeping the button pressed). Give it about 15 secs and flash should be erased.

It only actually takes about 10 secs, You will notice that the flashing pattern on the LEDs will have changed.

3: Open up your favorite web browser and type in the IP address you noted earlier. You will see a green page load. Click the link labeled 'upgrade firmware' (or similar) on the bottom left of the page. Browse to and select your the NFI image file on your PC. Click the button to proceed.

4: Once the flash progress meter has reached 100%, turn the DB off then on again.

That's it, You have a new image in flash.

Hope someone finds this useful

C :)

I've found a fairly easy way to get the Dreambox network IP in Win XP with a piece of freeware called "Advanced IP Scanner v1.5 " Just in case your IP has changed for some reason?
Mine did!
Just set your scan range in the scanner, click scan, prioritize the active list, there you will see your box listed with it's current active IP address.
You can also access your Dreambox files with this scanner. Highlight your box, right click on it to access some useful options which includes FTP/http/telnet and an "Explore" option. If you choose "Explore" a new window will pop-up with the contents of your dreambox. :Be very careful here... as you can add/delete/edit or move critical files if you wanted with this Tool!:-ohcrap

Detlef

Reaction score
My Location
Bonn, Ostend
The simplest way to find a DBs IP address is to use the connection page of DCC.

I usually set the search to try 1 to 24 (as my router is set to restrict DHCPs to that range).

Only mentioned it as many DB users will already have and be familiar with DCC - I use it to edit Keys :-) .

I have blanked out the first two parts of my LANs IP address as yours will probably be different. The third element will usually be 0 or 1.

Attachments

• DCC1.jpg
    DCC1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 110
  • DCC2.jpg
    DCC2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 122