For Echostar 3000 users

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
I can't get an RS232 in my town can you please take a look at this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6768395366&fromMakeTrack=true

and confirm for me that its what I need...
I'm not sure the serial plug is the right one I think I need the female (the one without the 9 pins)
it may be the right one but if one of you guys that actually knows takes a look for me I will know im not wasting my time buying it...
Thanx

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hi mrminibus
What you have there is USB to female I think, it is difficult to tell from the piccy. Does the software allow you to configure for use of the connecting cable via USB????
Is this for connection to your STB????

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
toppervte33h said:
Hi mrminibus
What you have there is USB to female I think, it is difficult to tell from the piccy. Does the software allow you to configure for use of the connecting cable via USB????
Is this for connection to your STB????
thats what i need a female on the end..
and yes its for upgrading my software from 400 to 1000,Llew and Analoguesat have kindly been helping me to upgrade, we have established i cant do it via hotbird and informed me that i need an rs232 before we can continue, as for Does the software allow you to configure for use of the connecting cableI have no idea im at the mery of these kind gentlemen,have you any experience of doing this?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Looking at the cable , it appears to be a male RS232 connector, in which case you need a female/female gender changer. Maplins do one for about a fiver. This is assuming it's the right cable for the job. Don't use one myself so can't be more specific.

So you're not using a PC with a COM port then?

Llew

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
mrminibus said:
what you mean a normal serial port, 9 pin?
My model is flashable which I do update sometimes but mine uses a null modem cable F - F (I think, never could remember which was which!) i.e. there are no pins on the cable at all and the ends are the same either end. Sorry I cannot help more, the only reason I mentioned the software is because I would have thought that unless it is standard to use usb with that make and model the software may not support usb.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
mrminibus said:
what you mean a normal serial port, 9 pin?

Yes, a male (pinned) RS232 connector on the back of your PC.
A female-ended null modem cable connects between that and your receiver.

Llew

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
toppervte33h said:
My model is flashable which I do update sometimes but mine uses a null modem cable F - F (I think, never could remember which was which!) .

Think of the male and female anatomy. To put it bluntly male plugs have sticky out pins O-Ha

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
I agree about the male having pins, but take a look at the pic its not too clear if its male or female and I have emailed 3 sellers of this cable and none have responded.

I cant find it on maplins website either.

have you done yours via usb cable to know it works?

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
mrminibus said:
I agree about the male having pins, but take a look at the pic its not too clear if its male or female and I have emailed 3 sellers of this cable and none have responded.

I cant find it on maplins website either.

have you done yours via usb cable to know it works?

Daren......Give me a ring if you want m8, got one in a cupboard :)
Failing that, there's a computer shop on Rochdale Rd (next to the Crown Pub)
It used to be AOne, he's got them in.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Help !

I have upgraded to 1000 software from the echoestar site and also predator 3.12 on the dragon.
I have a motorised dish so I have had to set my east & west stops- Turksat & hispasat
I have found the western sat the middle sat hotbird and the eastern turksat as I followed the on screen instruction I did an auto scan for anologue channels on turksat and it found only 2, one is like a mosaik and the other is cine 5.
Then it froze, I can change from channel 1 to channel 2 but it will not respond to any other button except the top middle on/off button there is no response from the buttons on the unit either.
I have no other sats channels programmed in and it will not respond to the menu button to attempt to programme anything else, I have took the cam out swapped its slot, tried it with no cam, unplugged the box and different viriations of the above but with no joy... please advise...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Cine 5 is often encrypted, and Echostars can do strange things if they hit an encrypted channel. A few years ago TPS changed something, and my Echo turned itself off with a loud click each time it hit an encrypted service! This was with no cams in it - just running fta. The mosaic channel should be the Eurasiasat promo at a guess as there are only 2 analogues left on 42E

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Well I dont know what happened but it seems to of fixed itself... strange but true !

but im not complaining on 3.12 has spice gone??
but hey ive got animal planet for the 1st time... so all is not lost
Analoguesat said:
Cine 5 is often encrypted, and Echostars can do strange things if they hit an encrypted channel. A few years ago TPS changed something, and my Echo turned itself off with a loud click each time it hit an encrypted service! This was with no cams in it - just running fta. The mosaic channel should be the Eurasiasat promo at a guess as there are only 2 analogues left on 42E

Impact

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AD-3000IP
Geotrack 18" actuator
Cryptoworks CAM
Aston CAM
Sony Plasma WEGA KEP37XS1
Sony HD Recorder RDR-HX900

My Location
The Netherlands, Arnhem
I have a problem with updating my software by nullmodemcable. I have version 300 now and want to update to the latest version 1100. With the echostar downloadmanager it automattically starts with COM2 and gives an error. I switch it to COM1 and then select the file to download, first trying V400 and no transferring is starting... Anybody...??? I know about the switching on and off....

Greetz. Remon

Impact

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AD-3000IP
Geotrack 18" actuator
Cryptoworks CAM
Aston CAM

My Location
The Netherlands, Arnhem
In some way it doesn't seem to connect to my receiver or so.. Tried allready two PC's and two nullmodem cables, but no result.. Any other way.. Somebody has an idea???

Greetz, Remon

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Theres 2 sorts of serial cable

1 => all connections wired straight through
2 => 3 of the wires crossed over internally (null modem)

Chances are you are using the wrong type.

Impact

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AD-3000IP
Geotrack 18" actuator
Cryptoworks CAM
Aston CAM

My Location
The Netherlands, Arnhem
Okay thanks for reply. Bought the cable on internet, but i will try to make one myself tomorrow. So i will make a straight one and a crossed one.

Greetz, Remon

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The pin outs for a null modem are in the archives here on the forum somewhere.

orchard

Reaction score
Hi
can someone help , i have got the echostar 3000ipvia, everytime i try to scan Hispasat on 30 degrees i keep getting part of Hotbird channels and obviously a lot of Rai channel, had a look on Ly---sat and put 11535 v 24500 5/6 no success then i tried 11574 v 27500 3/4 did a rescan and got the same result pert of hotbird and not what it indicated on Ly---sat,
any ideas will be most welcome
thanks
orchard

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
orchard said:
Hi
can someone help , i have got the echostar 3000ipvia, everytime i try to scan Hispasat on 30 degrees i keep getting part of Hotbird channels and obviously a lot of Rai channel, had a look on Ly---sat and put 11535 v 24500 5/6 no success then i tried 11574 v 27500 3/4 did a rescan and got the same result pert of hotbird and not what it indicated on Ly---sat,
any ideas will be most welcome
thanks
orchard

If you re scanning Hotbird channels, your dish HAS to be picking signals up from 13E