Freesat Channel list disappearing

cdn-home

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Selfsat H21D antenna + Selfsat 2400 receiver + Panasonic TX-L32G10B

PC= Toshiba Laptop Windows 7 ultimate
My Location
Gloucestershire, U.K.
I have a Panasonic LCD TV with a built in Satellite receiver. After heavy rain, the Freesat channel list disappears and I have to re-tune. The TV also has a separate Satellite tuning menu which can pick up anything broadcast from Astra 2/Eurobird. That also works fine.

I've asked the dealer if he knows why, but all he says is it must be the satellite dish. As I can still see the channels on the non freesat menu, I cannot see how that can be. It must use same LNB.

The dish has a twin LNB, one attached to TV, the other to a separate Satellite receiver, and that works fine. I've swapped the cables over but the Freesat menu problem is the same.

Has anyone else experienced this please? I have emailed Panasonic support, but no response.

Thanks

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
There is one clue here that, "After heavy rain".

What hapens if you simply disconnect the input from the dish, does it do the same thing?

IF it does, and the channels don't re-appear without re-tuning, sounds like something is wrong with the box to me.

cdn-home

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Gloucestershire, U.K.
Thanks. I'll try that next time it occurs.

I have decided I can live with it, as I can see TV using the other Tuning menu. The Satellite dishi manual says rain can have an effect, although I don't see why just one menu disappears, but that's life.

Panasonic say there is no known issue. There should be an upgrade to software due sometime to allow TV to work with iPlayer, so i'll see what happens afterwards. Knowing my luck everything will disappear.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I suspect something is wrong with the satellite dish installation, LNB or cable giving a weak signal with no margin for rain.

The Freesat EPG is carried on a signal and is constantly updated whereas the non-Freesat list is probably stored after a scan and won't alter until a new scan is done.

cdn-home

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Gloucestershire, U.K.
Like the "hear after" quote. Big problem comes when you get to the "whom am I" stage.

Thanks for comment. Makes sense.

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
The freesat EPG is transmitted from Eurobird 1 at 28.5 East whereas most of the FTA freesat channels are transmitted from the Astra 2 satellites at 28.2 East. Both satellites are receivable on one dish providing that dish is aligned correctly midway between the two satellite groups. It sounds as though your dish needs a slight realignment as it almost certainly more aligned on 28.2 and in rain is losing the signal from 28.5. In rain dish alignment needs to be far more exact due to the lower signal levels.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I'm sure I've read somewhere that in the UK Sly installers align to Eurobird rather than Astra. Am I right?

holmroad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM6900HD Combo Super Motorized System
HP Laptop+AMD Desktop
My Location
North Lincs
cdn-home said:
I have a Panasonic LCD TV with a built in Satellite receiver. After heavy rain, the Freesat channel list disappears and I have to re-tune. The TV also has a separate Satellite tuning menu which can pick up anything broadcast from Astra 2/Eurobird. That also works fine.

I've asked the dealer if he knows why, but all he says is it must be the satellite dish. As I can still see the channels on the non freesat menu, I cannot see how that can be. It must use same LNB.

The dish has a twin LNB, one attached to TV, the other to a separate Satellite receiver, and that works fine. I've swapped the cables over but the Freesat menu problem is the same.

Has anyone else experienced this please? I have emailed Panasonic support, but no response.

Thanks

I too have a Panasonic TV with built-in Freeview and Freesat - mine is a plasma and I suspect so too is yours mate as I dont think Panasonic do LCD's - but touch wood I've had no problems so far with the Freesat EPG!