Getting Viasat Denmark in the UK

camerew

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky TV installed. Looking to set up access to Danish television by satellite.
My Location
Edinburgh
Apologies if this has already been asked and answered elsewhere. I'm looking to receive Viasat Denmark (or another Danish provider) in Scotland. I have relatives in Denmark who could apply for a subscription, which would come with a dish, receiver and card etc. If I was to bring those back to the UK would they work here? Also is there a way of finding out what they broadcast on in advance, just to check I could point the satellite in the right direction?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sirius 4 at 5E

For reliable reception you will need at least a 1m dish.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
camerew said:
Apologies if this has already been asked and answered elsewhere. I'm looking to receive Viasat Denmark (or another Danish provider) in Scotland. I have relatives in Denmark who could apply for a subscription, which would come with a dish, receiver and card etc. If I was to bring those back to the UK would they work here? Also is there a way of finding out what they broadcast on in advance, just to check I could point the satellite in the right direction?

The Viasat Denmark packages can be checked out by looking at the available channels here -

_http://en.kingofsat.net/pack-viasat.php

camerew

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky TV installed. Looking to set up access to Danish television by satellite.
My Location
Edinburgh
Thanks for the very helpful responses. I've realised on reflection that i probably only need the box and card (card only?) as I could get the dish in the UK. However, having looked at the website, I can only see a pack which includes a dish and installation, which obviously isn't what I want. Are their other routes to getting the card using a Danish address? Alternatively, could my in-laws ask for an extra box and card for their existing satellite, as is the case with e.g. Sky multi-room? Any advice much appreciated!

Oldsberg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Basic
My Location
Finland
camerew said:
Alternatively, could my in-laws ask for an extra box and card for their existing satellite, as is the case with e.g. Sky multi-room? Any advice much appreciated!

This is possible with "ViasatHeleHuset", which is the same as Sky multi-room.