Gibertini OP 125 L: Installation manual?

A

archive10

Does anyone have a copy of the installation manual for the Gibertini OP 125 L?
Obviously there was none accompanying the dish I got earlier this year, and I cannot find one on the internet.
Maybe someone has one they could post a few photos of?

A

Archive-8

Obviously there was none accompanying the dish I got earlier this year, and I cannot find one on the internet.

I didn't get one, when I bought my op125 new.

What do you need to know?

A

archive10

What do you need to know?
1) Specifically how the screw/nut/locking-nut/washer are intended on the feed-arms fixing positions.
2) More generally, I'm curious to see what the manufacturer recommends for set-up and installation.

It does surprise me a little that there is not manual at all...

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
I only read manuals when I screw something up very dramatically. And go directly to Troubleshooting session and, usually not finding problem I have.
But that can be only my problem, not pointing at anybody. :-rofl2

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
No manual, but oddly, my OP125 came with a single sheet showing how to install the feed arm, which is not for my single arm type - it's for the dual arm. Is that what you have?

A

archive10

No manual, but oddly, my OP125 came with a single sheet showing how to install the feed arm, which is not for my single arm type - it's for the dual arm. Is that what you have?
Yep, dual arms.
I'm curious about how they want me to put washers and locking washers on the dish, as whatever I try to do means scraping of the powder-coating somehow.
But I am also curious about the LNB holder, and to where they believe the proper focal point may be...

(yesyes, RimaNTSS, I know, it's where your instrument tells you it is etc). ;)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
No info on the LNB end on the sheet. I'll run off a copy of the sheet and upload it.

A

Archive-8

Mine was a duel arm, didn't bother with the washers, as you said they just scrape away the paint.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Is this what you want?

OP125 Instruction Manual

Attachments

• img029.jpg
    img029.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 104
  • img030.jpg
    img030.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 124
  • img025.jpg
    img025.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 80
  • img026.jpg
    img026.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 78
  • img027.jpg
    img027.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 82
  • img028.jpg
    img028.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 76
  • img031.jpg
    img031.jpg
    709.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Not very clear I'm afraid. Not even sure if it's the type you have. However, here it is.

OP125_A.JPG OP125_B.JPG

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Looks like Rolf's is more verbose, at least it has some text :-rofl2

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That's tyhe manual from one I installed a year or so ago Llew. :)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Just thinking about pics from your install on the SMW mount - did you cut off the "ears" of the back support, or is that just your mount being different?
That diagram they included with the dish I bought bears no comparison to my OP125. That dual feed arm pictured confused me - I thought I had to splice mine in two (only joking).
My back support doesn't have the Az/El bracket incorporated in the support. I needed a separate bracket assembly to bolt onto the support.

At least the SMW mount was easy to fix to the back support - even the top holes lined up perfectly with the polar mount!

A

archive10

At least the SMW mount was easy to fix to the support - even the top holes lined up pefectly with the polar mount!
Amazing!
I think I will forego mating the SMW with the Gibertini - and attempt the Laminas instead.

A

archive10

My back support doesn't have the Az/El bracket incorporated in the support. I needed a separate bracket assembly to bolt onto the support.
I assume we're not talking about your office chair and how you attach to it... :-lmao

Seriously, I now see the difference between the OP125L and PL clearly.
The back support is quite different.
Interestingly, part of the Gibertini polar mount seems unnecessary for the OP125L, as the PM acts as "an insert" between the pole attachment bracket and the dish attachment mechanism...

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Yep, dual arms.
I'm curious about how they want me to put washers and locking washers on the dish, as whatever I try to do means scraping of the powder-coating somehow.
But I am also curious about the LNB holder, and to where they believe the proper focal point may be...

(yesyes, RimaNTSS, I know, it's where your instrument tells you it is etc). ;)

I think you will find that with the nut and washer on the back of the dish, and tighten using the philips screw fitting at the front compresses the washer without turning.

A

archive10

I think you will find that with the nut and washer on the back of the dish, and tighten using the philips screw fitting at the front compresses the washer without turning.
Good point - hadn't thought of that. I would then just be scraping the powder coating of the front of the dish, where it's aluminum anyway...

But I haven't tried unmounting the dish from the back support yet. I actually meant:

1) Specifically how the screw/nut/locking-nut/washer are intended on the feed-arms fixing positions.

Feed arms are powder coated, as is the read-mount. Can't tell whether they're galvanized underneath, but in any case, the washers can scrape away the covering.
I've added washers to where the locking washers are, and the bolts are not too short!