Just Sharing This Grotbags actress Carol Lee Scott dies aged 74

A

Archive-8

Carol Lee Scott, best known for her role as TV witch Grotbags, has died aged 74.

IMG_1623.JPG

Her niece Gina Mear posted a short message on Twitter, saying: "My dear aunty Carol passed away yesterday, RIP #Grotbags, I will miss you."

Grotbags originally appeared in Emu's World in the 80s, but such was her popularity, the character was given her own show which lasted for three series.

Fans commented on their shock of Scott's death on Twitter.

One wrote: "Rest in peace Grotbags. You made my early years awesome. I was so scared of you!"

Another said: "Daleks. Zelda. Skeletor. Nothing - NOTHING - terrified me quite like Grotbags. Bravo! #RIPCarolLeeScott."

The series was created by Scott and puppeteer Richard Coombs.

It included characters such as Colin the Bat, Doris the Dodo and Norman Nettle.

A

Archive-8

Really sad to read this, I remember mum and dad taking me to the live stage show on my 8th birthday.

Is was in Weston Super Mare, I was really scared of her, she knew it was my birthday and made me get up in front of everyone to sing happy birthday, there were 3 of us there for birthday treats.

Rest in peace.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Sorry I must have been under my rock, I confess I have never ever heard of the her or indeed the show but RIP Carol

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Sorry I must have been under my rock, I confess I have never ever heard of the her or indeed the show but RIP Carol

You might possibly be outside the demographic. There is however a tenuous link to the forum.

upload_2017-7-6_10-50-23.jpeg