GTMedia GTCombo 4:2:2 receiver

You're not suggesting that heatsink could be better fudged onto the main processor ?
I’m suggesting nothing. I assumed the processor was passively cooled and was wondering did it run hot under load. So far it looks to be running cool enough. Further testing will yield more results on that front I imagine.
 
.. Another weird one,
Firstly, the receiver is running barely luke warm after spending nearly half an hour or so battling with this weird 4:2:2 channel.
The rxView attachment 139718 channel info screen shows the 'Movie camera' icon associated with a 4:2:2 transmission but not the text line 'AVC 4:2:2' and is a very choppy picture.
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Not sure what version firmware is running on your box. I came across this while searching. It may be of interest to you to compare this with the version running on your box
Code:
https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-android-pie-9-0-stock-firmware-for-gtmedia-gt-combo-tv-box.html
 
Not sure what version firmware is running on your box. I came across this while searching. It may be of interest to you to compare this with the version running on your box
We are running a later version from the 19th November..Also like others the box runs cool for me..
 
Easiest is to have appropriate TV set capable of 4:2:2 subsampling, goes then with any receiver.:cool:

IMG_4682.webp
 
Not sure what version firmware is running on your box. I came across this while searching. It may be of interest to you to compare this with the version running on your box

Running the latest here , It gives an on-screen message when an update is available for you to proceed or not.
That link has some interesting reading in it
 
Easiest is to have appropriate TV set capable of 4:2:2 subsampling, goes then with any receiver.:cool:

View attachment 139730

That's an interesting point to look in to further , i use a 4k monitor for playback.
Are you using the GTCombo for receive, if not, which rx please, and would you be good enough to make a small 10 second or so video of your Tv screen showing moving action from the broadcast as it would be very helpful and load it up to youtube or similar. :Y
 
Easiest is to have appropriate TV set capable of 4:2:2 subsampling, goes then with any receiver.:cool:

View attachment 139730
Is that with the televisions own internal satellite tuner or via another method? It would be interesting if it worked with the WebIF of a receiver :)
 
i know apple tv 4k, can do 4.2.2 i've seen a setting for it - might be useful using VLC on it to IP of rx
 
ordered mine with amazon.de (Germany) - it has shipped from Spain - LOL
 
That's an interesting point to look in to further , i use a 4k monitor for playback.
Are you using the GTCombo for receive, if not, which rx please, and would you be good enough to make a small 10 second or so video of your Tv screen showing moving action from the broadcast as it would be very helpful and load it up to youtube or similar. :Y
This is streamed from Octagon SF8008 to Sony Bravia via Sony's Dream Player TV app. I have no 4:2:2 capable TV attached directly to the Octagon so I cannot tell how direct playback would look like.
Contrary I have no Eutelsat 10A reception available on DM920 that is directly attached to Bravia. However, I can recall some past feeds from 16E & 9E which reproduced artefacts-free playback.
 
This is streamed from Octagon SF8008 to Sony Bravia via Sony's Dream Player TV app. I have no 4:2:2 capable TV attached directly to the Octagon so I cannot tell how direct playback would look like.
Contrary I have no Eutelsat 10A reception available on DM920 that is directly attached to Bravia. However, I can recall some past feeds from 16E & 9E which reproduced artefacts-free playback.

Thank you for that - this is the same difficult channel but processed by the internals of the GT Combo only, and output straight to 4k monitor
 
what happens if you record it, and play it back on same \ and or other device? Same result?
 
Last edited:
what happens if you record it, and play it back on same \ and or other device? Same result?

Worth a try - that recording was made via a 4k hdmi in-out capture card fed into 'OBS-Studio' onto a Win10 PC.
I'll do a recording straight off the Combo into a usb3 stick and see what that does.
 
Last edited:
This is a direct viewing in VLC player via a PC card. So if one manages to stream that to a TV, a joy is right there.
 
My box has been dispatched too so hopefully not long.

That Youtube video is a bit disappointing, thats a far lower FPS than I imagined.
 
do we know if the FPS is normal if we could view it by official means? what if its one of those channels which are a load of crap re quality

i will try via KODI method later on my Octagon
 
Guys, if you remember my AliExpress order was cancelled by them. So I ordered it direct from GT media. Well, I've had this email today from GT media:-
"I'm sorry to inform you that our products can not be produced in time due to the recent power restriction ordered by the government. At present, there is no stock of GTcmobo products. We will postpone the delivery on December 10th. We are sorry again. If you are unwilling to wait, please inform us in time and we will give you a refund immediately."

I've left my order with them at the moment. AliExpress have not refunded me yet.
SimonE
 
do we know if the FPS is normal if we could view it by official means? what if its one of those channels which are a load of crap re quality

i will try via KODI method later on my Octagon

Here is a direct recording off the Combo using the device PVR option into a usb3 stick - then played back via VLC on win10 PC.
Reception conditions at time of recording was fairly heavy sleet and rain.
Far better playback. ** Slight picture breakup could be weather induced.

 
Here is a direct recording off the Combo using the device PVR option into a usb3 stick - then played back via VLC on win10 PC.
Reception conditions at time of recording was fairly heavy sleet and rain.
Far better playback. ** Slight picture breakup could be weather induced.

did u try playing back ON the receiver by any chance, ok, well at least that answers the FPS question at least.

i guess thats no different to a normal STB - as you can record a 4.2.2 stream on any receiver in .TS format, and play it back ok on PC using VLC without issue
 
Guys, if you remember my AliExpress order was cancelled by them. So I ordered it direct from GT media. Well, I've had this email today from GT media:-
"I'm sorry to inform you that our products can not be produced in time due to the recent power restriction ordered by the government. At present, there is no stock of GTcmobo products. We will postpone the delivery on December 10th. We are sorry again. If you are unwilling to wait, please inform us in time and we will give you a refund immediately."

I've left my order with them at the moment. AliExpress have not refunded me yet.
SimonE
Thanks for the heads up and something I suspected from your first buying experience.
 
Back
Top