Hardddisk dose not come in the menu ??

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi, ppl I just bought a brand new Dreambox 800 HD PVR ( 250 GB ) we tested

the receiver in the shop some sample recordings , but when I try to record in the the house the receiver gives a message telling that the capacity of the hard disk is less than 100 GB and does not record . therefore I went to Main menu then to Setup and navigate to System , but in the System menu the Harddisk
does not come in the list in order to navigate to Harddisk Setup . Can anybody
tell me what is the problem and how to fix it ???

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Try blue button,then blue button again.Click on device manager and see if the HDD is mounted.If not,mount it.Restart and see it sees then

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Oily said:
Try blue button,then blue button again.Click on device manager and see if the HDD is mounted.If not,mount it.Restart and see it sees then
-------------------------------------------------------------
thanks oily for your reply , As I said I did record some samples that is mean the hDD is mounted

Saeed Khan

Reaction score
I installed the harddisk 250 gb sata.NO option havebeen seen in the system mnue.According to the Oily i go to bluebuttan the device manager at siral.5.i open it but it is blank,what can i do.In my 800hd image gp2 4.5.Kindly solve the problem.

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Radcliffe
Can you hear the drive spin up at all? Check all cables are OK,seated properly etc

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Oily said:
Can you hear the drive spin up at all? Check all cables are OK,seated properly etc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes , I can hear the drive spin up and I can record channels , But my question why Harddisk dos not come in the system menu in order to navigate to Harddisk setup That is my question

Thanks Oily for your reply

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Radcliffe
What image are you using? Only reason I ask is that I've tried various images and some haven't recognised my HDD

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Oily said:
What image are you using? Only reason I ask is that I've tried various images and some haven't recognised my HDD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oily may be as you said due to when they in the store sold the receiver to me adding a patch file ( image ) to descramble the scrambled sport channels which carry world cub football matches , due to this file did not recognise my HDD . As the receiver records no need to have my HDD to be shown in the system menu .

But another problem has occured which is bother me a lot . that is when I go to the main menu and navigate through all menues as soon I press OK to activate the selected menu Immediately a message is prompted on a green screen and it says the following :-

" We are realy sorry your dreambox encountered a software problem and needs to be restarted , Please send the logfile created in /tmp/to .... , Your dreambox restarts in 10 seconds , Component : enigma 2 . "

Now how can I solve this software problem ? Please help Oily .

Best Regards

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Radcliffe
The image doesn't 'de-scramble' the channels,running CCcam does this for you

Is your DM a clone or an original Al? I'm using a DreamElite image on my clone,very stable etc

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Oily said:
The image doesn't 'de-scramble' the channels,running CCcam does this for you

Is your DM a clone or an original Al? I'm using a DreamElite image on my clone,very stable etc
-------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------
Thanks again Oily for your help . My DM is an original from Dream Mulimedia

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Radcliffe
All I can suggest is try another image to see if it can detect your HDD and stop the crashing.It may be unrelated but I tried to fix a guy's genuine DM800 as his was crashing no matter what image we tried to use plus I've read other posts on the same issue.Maybe a bad batch of DM800's from Dream?