Amd 5600+
Dfi lan party
4 gb 800 mhz Ram
2 TB hard disk
My Location
Tharmad
Hi
I have try flash my DM600 using this method

1. Boot the box, goto the communication menu and note the ip address.
2. Run DCC, connect to the dreambox. Once the network is connected ok, click on the the 'Telnet' option.
3. In the telnet window, type the following, pressing <return> at the end of each line.
mount /boot -o remount,rw
rm /boot/*
reboot
4. You should now get a message saying that the Dreambox is rebooting.
5. Wait a few seconds and then run Explorer (Firefox or whatever) and enter the ip address of the Dreambox in the address bar.
6. On the screen that appears, choose the 'Upgrade firmware' option, find the .nfi file and click the 'Flash' button.
7. Once the progress bar reaches 100%, reboot the box

But I could not connect to the my DM600 on step 5
I try to get the IP from DCC no use then I used Serial Port method with Flash up same thing I could not connect to my DM600.

Help Please

tornado2004

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
truman gold with hotbird, nilesat and arabsat
this way not worked with me also, and what is happened with you had been happened with me. forget this way.
the best method is using dreamUp with the series cable if you have a computer with com RS323 port. If you don't have you can use a very simple and easy way, that you can know the IP for your dm600 by using a tiny program called ipscan. download it and run it. select ip for your router eg. 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.x ( x depends on your router settings) assume x=10
then start search. after searching select the ip with blue sign it is for you dreambox.
disconnect your dreambox. hold the power button and reconnect it again keep holding the power button for 20 sec then release it. now go to your web browser and write your dreambox ip which you got before. you got this window:

This is the DM600PVR bootloader Web Interface.

If you see this, your box didn't boot to Linux.
Unless you interrupted the boot process, this usually means that you have no valid operating system in flash.
Don't panic! It's not a problem. You can just flash a new version and everything will be fine!
Otherwise, you can boot from network or compact flash. (Sollte jetzt gehen, wurde aber noch *nie* getestet! Nicht wundern wenns nicht geht!)
If you're about to give up, you might get help at the Dream Multimedia Support board!
Currently there aren't many other features...

You can download your current flash contents (32 M:cool: here, but please don't expect to be able to flash it back. It's merely a debugging feature.
This device's Serial Number is 83125, and was built on 2009/01/06.

Booloader version: Dreambox Second Stage Loader BUILD #53, built 20070827

device info firmware upgrade

click on "device info firmware upgrade "
a new wind will open then click on browse and select your image with extension .nfi then flash it. after flashing reaches 100% then disconnect and reconnect your dm again and enjoy your time.