help!Technomate TM-5400 CI+ USB cams

robpegs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TN5400 80CM
My Location
Bath,England
Hi all, a few questions that i hope some one has the answer to.
Ok I have a tm5400 ci+ usb, fully patched and new softcam keys installed,my first question is,I'm able to decode most, if not all nagravision channel, but not luck with any others i.e viaccess,seca and so on, so with a softcam/patch installed should this receiver decode viaccess etc,with valid keys..I understand the tm-5400 has a multicrypt card reader (Multicrypt Card Reader:(DigitAlb, Conax, Iredeto, Viaccess 1 & 2, Original ART Card, Greak Nova Card) and 1 ci slot,
so wonder why the softcam is not decoding?and if i was going to buy a cam for this box,what one would be best? and can the keys be used the same was as a if i was using a soft cam? or would i need a card and programmer.
thanks in advance..
Rob

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You can only get the packages that are currently open. When you downloaded the patch it would have had a list of what it opened.
Currently it is the Nagra 2 channels that are mainly compromised so for now your patched receiver will open the following main packages:
Premiere 19E, Polsat 13E, Digi TV 1W.
A diablo 2.3 cam or MII+ card will also currently open DigitAlb 16E and Canal Digital 1W.
To program the Diablo Cam you need a Cas programmer, I recommend the Cas 3+ as this not only programs cams but also cards.
To program the MII+ card you also require a Phoenix capable card programmer, which the Cas 3+ can do but so can a cheaper programmer.

robpegs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TN5400 80CM
My Location
Bath,England
Many thanks for the reply,and the information.
Would it be possible to buy the Card and Cam you mention and programme the card via the Tm5400?
Thanks
Rob

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
robpegs said:
Many thanks for the reply,and the information.
Would it be possible to buy the Card and Cam you mention and programme the card via the Tm5400?
Thanks
Rob

If you re-read the previous post from Mickha he has already answered your question, you need a CAS3+ programmer the TM is an stb not a programmer

robpegs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TN5400 80CM
My Location
Bath,England
Ok, many thanks, Well! guess i need a programmer. :-)